Do you need to update Facebook Messenger Lite? We all know well the new Facebook messaging application: Facebook Messenger. As Zuckerberg likes, this is an application for all audiences that facilitates the connection by video or chat between users. This means that it requires extensive resources for the teams. But, What about people who have old devices, very slow connections, or no Wi-Fi?
In 2016, Facebook created the application Messenger Lite
, which, as its name suggests, is a lighter version for places where technologies are still under development. They remove the famous chat pop-ups, video calls, games and animated icons. That is, it becomes more basic and allows its use in more limited devices. For now can only be used on Android devices.
It should be noted that several functions of the Facebook Messenger app, continues to maintain them. For example, you can use emojis (although they only keep the simplest), voice calls, chats themselves and stickers.
Update Facebook Messenger Lite on Android step by step
If you had already installed it on your device, continue reading that I am going to explain how to update Facebook Messenger Lite easily, quickly and without risks. And if you still do not have it, below you can download it without problem in its latest version.
This application is constantly updated, as it happens to Android applications in general. Therefore, you have to be very attentive to always find us in the latest version and avoid surprises both in terms of security and obsolescence. At first, if you have the automatic updates option activated, you will not have any problem. In this way, the cell phone will detect the moment in which a update for Facebook Messenger Lite
and it will carry out the entire process automatically, without the user having to intercede at any time.
If you have disabled this option for any reason, then you must perform the following steps so that this application is up to date on your Android:
- Go to the location where the Google Play Store .
- Now click on the button “Settings” , top left, is this icon
- Click on the button “My Apps and Games“.
- By default, the first apps and games that appear are those pending to receive the update. Now you must search for the application Facebook Messenger Lite . Remember that you must be careful not to confuse it with other Messenger applications that you may have on your phone.
- Click on the box “To update“found next to the app.
- At that point, the update download and installation will begin.
- The app will disappear from the list since it is no longer pending to be updated.
Another way to update is as follows:
- Also go to the Play Store .
- Search for the app by its name in the upper white box (seeker) and pressing “Intro“.
- Choosing it from the search results will normally be the first in the list.
- The application presentation screen will open. It will include two buttons: “Uninstall” Y “To update”. Hit the second option.
- The download of the additional material will begin and this app will be installed on your terminal.
- When it is finished, the button “To update“will have become”Open”, since update is no longer required.
*Note: If the size of the update is very large, it may ask you to restart your phone. This especially tends to happen when updates are made on security policy.
Remember that it may be the case that the application needs permissions on the update. A message will appear on the screen and all you have to do is confirm that you agree with what is asked of you.
Update Facebook Messenger Lite on iPhone iOS phones
For now the version of this application for iOS does not exist. To this day, it has not been necessary to use reduced functionality on iOS phones. These terminals have enough physical and virtual memory, in addition to the way it works your CPU is much faster what it seems like. They have no need for lighter applications, because they have more memory and the possibility of hiring up to 500 GB.
Anyway, if at any time this option arises for Apple devices, then it is when we must mark that application so that it updates automatically and forget about unnecessary problems. The update could surely be done from your own App Store
and without generating any kind of problem for the end user.
Download and update Facebook Messenger Lite by APK
If you are one of those users who always wants to have all the programs and updates first, then you are the ideal candidate for download and install the new APKs to update Facebook Messenger Lite. To find out if there are new Facebook updates, you can use the traditional mode, as indicated in the section dedicated to Android. But you can also use another way. You only need to get the APK of Messenger Lite.
Remember that we always offer you download links fully trusted to avoid malware problems. To install in this way, follow these steps:
- Download the APK file that we provide you above and place it on your computer.
- Connect to the computer the device where you want to use the Lite version of Facebook Messenger and pass the file to this.
- Click on it; you will see how it is installed on your phone.
- While the program is being updated, it may ask you for some kind of confirmation, read it all and click on the button “To accept“or”Allow“.
- You may have to restart the phone for the installation you just did to take effect.
*Note: Remember that you must have the option “Third party facilities“so that the cell phone allows you to open and install the APK.
Differences between Facebook Messenger and Facebook Messenger Lite
You may already know about Lite apps; They are always lighter files created for phones that may have trouble getting full apps: older or low-end phones with little processor and RAM. These usually have the simplest options, but they allow you to do many of the things that the main app does.
As a summary, it can be said that Facebook Messenger Lite is a limited FB chat; however, the main application includes other options that can improve your experience, although not all the available ones are always used.
They both have a similar main screen where you can see your recent conversations and contacts to start new chats. Although it will already be in this menu where you can see the great design differences that exist between the two.
Facebook Lite has a size of 1 MB, in contrast to 55 MB of Messenger. In its initial menu, Lite has a cleaner environment with only three options, while Messenger has a series of menus at the bottom that allow the user to interact more with their friends: play minigames, send audios, video calls, links with Skype, …
But the most you will notice it will be a fluency in Lite, since the application opens in a small amount of time and you do not have to preload nothing else. You will not have the option of bubbles when a conversation comes on your phone.
As you can see, there are two options that you have to try to decide which one meets the requirements you need to make responsible use and enjoy FB and its chats to the fullest. Now you know how update facebook for free to the latest version; you just have to get down to work and enjoy.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉