When representing any type of image on a computer screen, the graphics card needs to be the one that takes over the job. This essential component in any computer equipment is responsible for rendering and movements of three-dimensional models. In fact, it gets awfully familiar for all those who enjoy video games on their computers.
The main manufacturers that currently exist in this field, NVIDIA and AMD, make sure that, from time to time, in addition to launch new models of graphics cards to the market, also all recent updates are updated with their drivers. These are neither more nor less than the software through which the graph, also known as GPU, communicates with the rest of the team to be able to work and perform properly.
Drivers are essential, and keeping them updated is even more so. Here we are going to explain how to update your graphics card drivers on the latest operating systems. Thus, you will not only be able to enjoy all its capabilities, but also take advantage of the continuous improvements and optimizations that its managers implement to improve performance in games.
Update graphics card drivers to the latest version
In addition, these updates also serve to obtain programs that serve to diversify the use of the GPU. With NVIDIA, for example, you can take snapshots, apply filters and perform a host of new functions thanks to the updates that have been released. AMD, for its part, also incorporates functions through these reviews that are of great interest. For this reason, we recommend that you follow all the steps that are explained in this guide if you want to always be up to date in this area and have no problems of any kind when installing these improvements that are arriving.
To enjoy the latest games or use the most sophisticated 3D toolsIt is very important to have the graphics card drivers installed and updated in Windows or any operating system you have on your computer. We will explain below what has to be done so much in case of being a user of NVIDIA and AMD.
NVIDIA Graphics Card Drivers
First, take a look at your graphics card control panel to find out what version of the drivers is installed. Although it is usual for the system itself to notify you that there are updates available, it is also possible that some will appear that, due to a possible error, are not notified to you. Because of this, we are going to explain what you should do to update NVIDIA graphics card drivers manually. Pay attention and follow all the steps that we explain below:
- In the computer, we will have to go directly from here to the official website of the brand for the official download of the drivers.
- Once in it, you just have to move the mouse to the top to click on the section “Drivers”. That’s where you have to come in to be able download the updates of your NVIDIA drivers.
- On this new page, you have to choose values from the drop-down fields that appear. You have to specify the following aspects:
- “Kind of product”
- “Product series”
- “Product family”
- To do this, just click on each bar and choose those values that suit your case. It is important that you have seen before the GPU model you have on your computer.
- When you have done everything, go to the green button on the right with the word “Search for”. Click on it.
- The new window that appears explains the newest version, its publication date and the status of the driver. You just have to click “Download now” to be able to continue.
- Wait for the file with the update of the drivers to finish downloading and, when it finishes, open the download folder to be able to start this installer that you just received.
- What remains of the process is as simple as clicking on “Next” Y “To accept”Until the installer starts to refresh the drivers for your NVIDIA card. They will probably ask you for iinstall some additional programs of the company. Accept to be able to take full advantage of the capabilities of your GPU.
*Note: Nvidia sometimes leaves access to beta versions with advances, but with possible errors that affect the experience of the game. They can be tested, although it is best to always use the final and stable versions.
AMD graphics card drivers
As with NVIDIA, AMD graphics cards also have the option to notify the user if updates are available for your controllers. If you do not receive any notice, or if you have deactivated this option to do the process manually, we are going to explain what to do to renew the drivers of the AMD graphics card. Follow the steps that we will explain below:
- In a first step, we will have to access the official website from here, to find the version of the driver that best suits our hardware.
- By doing so, you will enter directly into the AMD main website. Now, head over to the top menu and click “Drivers and support” to access the section from which to download the drivers for your GPU.
- Now, you can download the program that automates the process, by clicking on “download now“Within the section”Detect and install your driver automatically“. This tool sometimes crashes, so we recommend going to the option next to it: “Manually select your controller.”
At this point, you must choose between:
- The product type in step 1
- The product family in step 2
- The exact model in step 3
- The operating system in step 4
- Click on each field and choose the appropriate option from the drop-downs that appear. When you’re done, press the button “Display Results”.
- In this new window, you just have to press the button “to download“From within the” sectionRadeon Software”. Check that the release date and version are more recent than the driver you already have before doing so.
- When the installer download is complete, the rest is just open it and wait for it to install. It will ask you if you want to do a quick or custom installation, you can choose the first to avoid having to configure anything or the second if you want decide what you want installed and what not.
- After finishing the installation, you just have to restart your computer and you will already have the new drivers for your AMD graphics card installed, in addition to the control software also renewed.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉