Are you interested in knowing how to update to the latest version of Internet Explorer? Surely yes since this browser has been one of the most used since the year 1999, with a quota peak 95%. Was created by Microsoft in 1995, for Windows operating systems only. Replaced Netscape when he needed to recover losses in his business.
At present, it has lost some positions due to the reign of Chrome
Y Firefox as far as browsers are concerned. But for the most classic, Internet explorer It will always preserve the precision of the creators of Windows, so this browser still has many followers. Take into account that this browser comes installed by default on all devices that work with Windows operating system.
It is, as we say, a web browser that, in previous versions such as Internet Explorer 6 SP2 or 7, helps prevent accidents due to malware. In addition, it has a filter against identity theft, blocking access to sites suspected of containing the aforementioned malware. It even scans all the downloads made to see if they may be infected for any reason.
Update Internet Explorer for Windows Vista, 7 and 10
There have been small security breaches in this browser, so you have to control the ActiveX used by it. Very often they can be released available updates through the service of Windows update; although you can also have the “Automatic Updates“, recommended to maintain said security in real time.
Throughout this post I want to show what simple that is to update the browser Internet Explorer
from Microsoft. The steps are similar for the installation of its different versions, but each one of them will be broken down so that you can select the one that corresponds to your tastes and needs because, after all, each one is more useful or effective for certain users .
Internet Explorer Version 8
In this version it brings several very outstanding functionalities: Webslices for your favorites, accelerators to add functionalities to your menu (similar to a web service) and navigation mode In Private. Here are the steps to follow to update your Internet Explorer browser.
- In order to update it to the latest version you must go to the official Microsoft download website or to download link that we provide you previously (100% secure).
- Then you need to choose the language what do you want.
- Within the drop-down that appears next to the language, you must mark the current version you have of Windows (View or 7). The version for Windows 7 is compatible with higher Windows.
- Click on the button “to download“that appears on the right.
- At that moment a download window appears that will start and will place an icon on your desktop or in the default download folder on your computer.
- You must click with the right button of your mouse and select the option “Execute as an administrator“.
- Now click on the option “Run“.
- In the window of “User account control” Choose “Continue“.
- Then the update will be done. Once finished will require restarting the computer to activate the changes made.
Internet Explorer Version 9
This version has been one of the most revolutionary that were introduced to the market. To be able to access the download of its updates you must do it from a device that has installed Windows 7, Windows Vista or Vista Service Pack 2 or a Windows Server 2008 R2. This version of the browser it is not compatible with a computer that works with Windows 10.
In any case, you will be able to check the compatibility of the browser version, since when proceeding with the installation or update, a warning message where it tells you the version of your operating system and it shows you the version of the browser compatible with it. Internet explorer If your OS is compatible, it will be installed by default. Updating it is extremely simple and is done from the system itself.
To update Explorer in Windows 7 you must follow the following steps:
- Click on the button “Start“.
- Select the option “Control Panel“.
- Choose the option “Large Icons“or”Small Icons” on the list “See for“.
- Now you must click on “Windows update“.
In Windows Vista you must follow the steps that you will find below:
- Open the “Control Panel“.
- Click on the button “Security and maintenance“.
- Now you must click on the button “Windows update“.
Internet Explorer Version 10
It is the version that was launched on the market on August 1, 2012. This version better supports the websites in HTML5 and CSS3, with improved performance.
- As we have said in previous versions, the first step is to access the official Microsoft download website or the download links that we provide you previously.
- You should find the version of Internet Explorer 10 compatible with your operating system. You can find support for Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
- Mark on the combo the language in which you want the update and click on the button “To update“.
- Then a dialog box will open where you should accept the policies and select the location where the update file will be downloaded.
- When the download is complete, go to the selected location and double click on the icon .
- Once the installation (or update) has finished, you will be able to enjoy an improved version.
Internet Explorer Version 11
It is the version that appeared the day October 13, 2013 to accompany Windows 7. You can update by following the steps below:
- First you must go to Microsoft’s Internet Explorer download website or to the installation access above.
- You must select language you want to download on the left side of the web.
- On the right side, next to the language, you must choose your operating system. The Windows 7 file is also valid for Windows 8.1 and for Windows 10. Don’t forget to check if you need a 32-bit or 64-bit architecture.
- To know this you must access the folder “Team“.
- Go into “Properties“.
- Look for the option “Type of system“On the right you can find the correspondence with this version.
- On your desktop or taskbar, you will have an Internet Explorer settings icon, like this one . Double click on the icon to open the settings.
- A message will appear asking if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer. You must select “Yes“.
- Now you must click on the button “End up”. It may ask you to restart your computer. You must do this for the changes to be executed correctly.
Upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer 11 in any of the above
It is recommended that you use the latest version of the browserFor this I leave you the download links and the steps to follow to update all previous versions to Internet Explorer 11. Once you have installed and use the version of your choice, you will have to update it periodically to take advantage of its improvements. Doing it is really simple:
- Open the browser Explorer .
- Click on the button “Tools” at the top right of the browser.
- From the options, press “About Internet Explorer“at the bottom of the dropdown.
- The new open web will be that of the Windows browser. Press “to download” in her.
- You must double click on the downloaded file and the installation wizard will begin. Click on “Next“every time you have the option to accept each required step.
- Finally the button “InstallPress it and the update of the latest version of Internet Explorer will begin.
- Restart your computer. Ready!
*Note: It is advisable to have the new Windows browser called Edge, which is the evolution of Explorer.
Enable automatic updates in the Internet Explorer browser
To stay in the latest version it is very necessary that we have the update notifications activated. Doing this will only take a few minutes and can help us avoid having a version that is not supported by Microsoft or for which they no longer update.
- First of all, you have to open Internet Explorer by clicking on the icon of the famous lowercase e in light blue.
- At the top right, you will find an icon that looks like a gray wheel . Click on it.
- In the drop-down you have to select “About Internet Explorer“.
- You must put the tick in the box “Install new versions automatically“.
- After that, click on the button “Close“.
From that moment on, your Internet browser it will update automatically without having to ask for authorizations; thus, you will always update to the latest version of Internet Explorer without having to do anything. If the updates finish and you are not asked to restart the system, you should not believe it. The most recommended is that restart the computer before testing if your new version of the browser works properly.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉