It is a language that must be installed on the computers to be able to use some programs and access websites who use it. Hence, it is very important to always download the latest versions. Therefore, throughout this post I will try to explain how to update Java for free to the newest version step by step.
includes important improvements for the performance of our equipment, but above all for the application security that run on a system, hence the emphasis on maintaining said updated software; this way the apps and the system will continue to run efficiently and without danger of cyber attacks.
It is a programming language created in 1995 by Sun Microsystems. If we do not have your program updated on our computer, it is likely that many of the software that are released on the market will not work. Today it is used for laptops, mobile phones and internet; Hence, we say that it is everywhere and, therefore, that it is so necessary and useful.
How to update Java in Windows 7, 8 and 10?
Usually, its installation has predefined the option to perform automatic updates and to check every so often if there are new versions. It is advisable do not modify these settings to avoid problems related to the loss of an important security update. In addition, you can send notices to your email so that you are notified in the event of new updates of an important nature, so that you are always aware of the new content that your devices need to download and run.
In order to have the latest version of Oracle Java
In each of these operating systems we must follow the steps I indicate by segmenting the Windows operating system that we have.
The steps that you must take into account to perform this update in the Windows 7 operating system are:
- In the task bar you must click on the option “Control Panel“.
- In the search that appears in the upper right part of the screen you must write “Java Control Panel“.
- Click on the Java icon to open your own Control Panel.
- Position yourself in the second tab where updates appear.
- Click on the button shown in the lower right part of the box, where it says “Update now“.
- Then the java installer window.
- Select the option “Install and reboot“and follow all the instructions that appear on your computer.
- This screen will reopen when the update has finished installing completely.
- Reboot your device and you will appreciate the changes. Ready!
If you have Windows 8 installed on your device, the steps to follow are the following:
- You should start by deploying the side menu where the search option opens .
- Writes “Java Control Panel“in that search box.
- The icon will appear corresponding to that application, click on it.
- Among the tabs in the upper area you must click on “To update“and click on the option”Update now“.
- Click on the section “Install update“.
- Finish by clicking on the option “Install and reboot“. The process is carried out autonomously; you only have to accept the requests that may be given in this process.
- Finally, restart your device.
It should be noted that Oracle Java is certified on Windows 10 and can be used both in Internet explorer like in Mozilla Firefox. The steps to follow to keep the application updated to the latest version are the following:
- We must go to the system search engine or Cortana.
- In it we will write “Java“and we click on “Configure Java“.
- We will see the menu where the “Java control panel“.
- Once this window has been opened, the option “Update now“. We must click on this button to start the download.
- Following the steps that are indicated and that are very simple (such as “Continue“,”To accept“, etc), we will achieve the latest available version of this necessary application.
- Reboot and enjoy!.
Download and install Java for 32 bits
Users using a 32-bit browser must download the software for it. For it:
- They must go to the java official website or to direct download links what we offer you (100% safe)
- They must click on the button “Java free download“or”Java 32 bit free download“and the process will begin.
- Indicate the destination where the installer files will be downloaded.
- Go to that destination and you will find the file. You only have to run it when you want to install it. Done!
Download and install Java for 64 bits
To install java in this type of system you must perform the following steps:
- You have to choose the offline download for 64-bit Windows.
- Next, the dialog used to perform the file download.
- Select a known location on the computer and click on the “save“.
- For install, double click on the downloaded file and the entire installation will begin.
How to update Java on Apple computers and Mac computers?
If you have an Apple brand computer and you need to update the version you have of Java , you must follow the following steps:
- To begin, you must place yourself in the Your Mac desktop.
- From there, access the apple icon which is located in the upper left corner.
- A menu will be displayed where you must select “System preferences“.
- Look for the java icon in the folder that was just opened. Click on it to open the “Java control panel“.
- Find the tab “To update“. The system will begin to check if there are available updates. If this is the case, you must click on the button “okay“to start the download of the new update.
- Once this is done, a message will appear in that same tab indicating that the system already has the recommended version of Java fully updated.
How to update Java on Ubuntu operating systems?
Have the latest version of Java in UbuntuLike everything in this OS, it can be done using commands. The steps to follow are indicated below:
- Install the runtime and the java development kit: sudo apt install openjdk-8-jdk openjdk-8-jre
Install version 8 (You can install previous ones, but from here we recommend that you opt for this one since it is the most complete and known today) with the commands:
- Sudo add-apt-repository ppa: webupd8team / java
- Sudo apt update
- Sudo apt install oracle-java8-installer
- Verify that the installation has been carried out correctly with the command: java -version
How do I check what version of Java I have installed?
It is true that you can have several versions of Oracle Java installed
in one team depending on the browser we are using. Therefore, below we will indicate five different ways to check the version what is being used; this is still another way of knowing that we have to update java or if, on the contrary, we already have all the news.
- On-line verification: It is about accessing from the browser to the Java verification web page. Once inside, click on the button that checks the version we have installed for that browser. (Currently not working)
- Verification About Java: Look for the word “Java” in the search engine of your operating system and choose the result that shows us “About“or”About“, we click and it will show us the version available at this time.
- Verification by Windows commands: If we press the “Windows + R“and we wrote cmd, a black screen with white letters opens. If you write the commands “java -version“(without the quotes), the system will return some data including the java version. If you have an old version or simply don’t have it, you will get an error message:” java-version ” recognizes as an internal or external command, program or executable batch file
- Verification on Mac: From the desktop, you must access the top bar and, in the menu “Finder“, open the option”Applications“. Then go to the option”Utilities“Now you must open the”Terminal” and write “java -version“. A response will appear indicating the version number in which it is found.
- Verification on Linux: It’s as simple as opening a terminal screen and typing: “java -version“. The system will return you the version that is currently used.
How to enable automatic Java updates?
Activating and deactivating these types of notifications is a very simple process. But from here, as annoying as it may be for some people due to the great use they give their devices, it is recommended that we have automatic updates always activated.
This is controlled from the software panel itself:
- We open our “Control Panel“and we write the word”Java“.
- We enter its own Control Panel and we must click on the tab “Upgrade“.
- To do it automatically we have to have the option “Check for updates automatically“. This simple action will allow that when Oracle launches a new update, the system detects it and installs it on your device without the need for you to be doing it manually.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉