After several months of waiting, with the alert about the appearance of the final version of the new operating system for Apple devices, the time has finally come for it to be downloaded for all computers. Hence, we have hurried and want to tell you today in this article about how to update the MacOS computer software from Apple to its latest and most powerful version.
In the case of this Operating System, as it is so new, updates are being carried out gradually in each model. This brings a very powerful novelty that it will be the main course for all users of the well-known brand. The arrival of the Siri app for Mac. I doubt you don’t know it but, if it is the case, it is a virtual assistant that can perform a large number of actions on it and that has been included in cell phones for years iPhones.
In addition, in this version the application has been incorporated Apple Pay for Safari among many other novelties. Regarding other types of recently added functionalities, it can be said that at this time, in the new version we have a clipboard shared with other devices that we have of the same brand.
Steps to update my Mac computer’s operating system
Such is its importance (announced as final by the creators themselves, let’s remember) that you cannot forget to do this update of the operating system of your Mac because this could incur risks and problems related to the safety of the same.
In addition, if you do it in the estimated time, you will have a computer with the higher system performance and safety conditions, something to be thankful for if you have done with the one who is considerate, the best team in the world for many. Let’s see the steps to follow to perform the new update Quickly and safely.
Don’t forget the following notes before starting with the update of the operating system of your device Mac to avoid last minute surprises and also make the update much more efficient and faster.
Prior considerations to take into account:
- Make sure your Mac be compatible with the version of the operating system you are going to install.
- Make a previously backup of your files and data.
- Check the internet connection to verify that it will not give you problems during the update.
- If you have a Macbook, it is best that you have it connected to a power outlet so that the battery does not play a trick on you, although it should not be like that.
- Finally, check that you have the enough space memory on disk.
The steps to perform the update are very simple:
- Search your Mac device for the official store App Store and access it.
- Click on the button “Search for updates“.
- There you will see if you have new versions of the system, among other apps. If this is the case, you must click on the button “To update“.
- We will proceed with the process of download and install automatically and you will begin to enjoy the new version of the newest OS so far.
Download and install MacOS High Sierra for free
The reasons to proceed to update this system are many and varied, but once you are clear that you want to update to its most modern version for free, I recommend that you do so following the steps that I am going to tell you below:
- First, make a backup of your data and the applications that you have in it.
- Now, do a compatibility check, although I can guarantee that this update can be executed on all computers that have been released after September 2009 *.
- The system will ask you free up space, if necessary, and, in addition, it will propose actions to be able to do it yourself, it is a very simple process.
- Now is the time to access the App Store from Mac.
- You must enter the page of MacOS High Sierra from here or fromhere.
- make click on the download button and follow the simple instructions that will appear on the screen and that usually go through asking for permissions and ensuring that you want to continue with the installation process. It is also possible that at some point, to confirm the update, you will be asked data about your username and password.
- If you have OS X El Capitan v10.11.5 or later, this process is carried out in the background and automatically, the system will notify you when the download has finished and you must click on Install to begin the entire update process.
- Depending on the version you are in, the time required To improve the version of your MacOS it will vary and your computer will restart several times, this being a totally normal process.
*Note: The devices that will have MacOS High Sierra are MacBook (from the end of 2009), iMac (also from the end of 2009 and onwards), MacBook Air (from 2010 onwards), MacBook Pro (from 2010 onwards) , Mac Mini (after 2010) and Mac Pro (ditto).
What latest news does the new versions of Mac OS offer us: Mac OS High Sierra?
The main changes that have been made in this version of Mac OS Sierra are the following:
- The computer can be unlocked using the Apple watch (the smart watch or smartwatch).
- The option to Picture in Picture, so that while a video is playing, the video can be separated to another easily relocatable independent window.
- The most special feature is the Siri inclusion on desktop computers in order to help the user from the web browser.
- Includes the function of storage optimization, which can help you improve the consumption of the resources and space you have on your Mac.
- The service of Apple Pay to accept payments on the Web.
- iTunes it changes the interface and acquires some very interesting new functionalities.
Compatibilities required to use MacOS Sierra on your Apple device
We will end up remembering that the update CAN be installed on other models. However, the functionalities will be reduced by the simple fact that the specifications of the devices are not sufficient and, therefore, despite installing the Sierra improvements, you will not be able to use them, only those compatible with your Mac. this version of Apple’s operating system, at least you will need 2 GB of RAM and 8.8 GB of storage space free on your computer.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉