If there is something that computing has facilitated within the work environment, is without a doubt everything related to office work. Write documents, send material, communicate with colleagues, prepare presentations … All this has gone up several steps in speed and quality thanks to the office suites that large companies, such as Microsoft, have been launched, renovated and improved for decades even.
In case of Microsoft is especially striking, since with Microsoft Office has become the great reference for any professional or home user. Students, children, adults, businessmen, office workers, workers. Practically everyone have you ever used Word to write text or even had to work with PowerPoint to prepare a presentation. The tools in this pack have spread almost all over the world thanks to their possibilities and facilities.
Office 2016 it was one of the last iterations of this suite named on the occasion of a year. The company now opts for a cloud service packed with these tools and programs under a temporary or lifetime license system. However, there are those who continue to use the latter in their equipment, and even more thanks to the continuous revisions that land to improve it. Hence, knowing how to install and update Microsoft Office 2016 to its latest version for free is so important.
How to install Microsoft Office updates in its latest version?
This guide serves to do these updates on both Windows and Mac. It is the only way to continue taking advantage of the entire assortment of Microsoft Office and make sure it works properly, as updates often land in order to fix bugs, improve performance, or even add cool new features.
Due to the high utility of the entire office suite that makes up Office, having it fully updated is something of vital importance. Install Microsoft Office updates to its latest version It is the best way to ensure that you always have all the optimized tools and that their performance will be consistent with the capabilities of your computer equipment and your needs as a user.
Therefore, below we are going to explain everything you must do to download and install all the updates on any of your computers. Follow the steps in each section to always be up to date with this software:
Office tools themselves (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.), have the option of downloading updates from the internet and installing them to be always updated, this guide is valid for 2013 and 2016 versions. To do it, You must follow these steps we indicate:
- Open any Microsoft Office application. Let’s choose, for example, Excel.
- Inside it, go to the section “Archive”And click on it, it’s just at the top left.
- Within the drop-down that extends now, you must press “Bill”.
*Note: if you have chosen Outlook, the section is called “Office account”.
- Among all the information that appears now and the options, you should go to “Product Information”And, there, click on “Update options”.
- In this section, you just have to press the button “Update now”To start downloading and installing the update.
- If it does not appear, it is likely because you have disabled the ability to update. You just have to click on “Enable updates” and, if necessary, restart the program, repeat the process and, this time, click on the button above to proceed with the new version.
Another feasible option is to do everything absolutely manually. Microsoft has a download section from which you can get the file you need to install Microsoft Office patches.
Next, we explain what you have to do:
- First we will have to access the official website for downloading new Microsoft updates, you can enter from here, and once we are inside, read beforehand the steps that we will tell you about.
- By doing so, you will enter the section “Office updates”, within the Microsoft support website. Just scroll down a bit until you find the table titled “Latest updates for Office 2016”. In it, click on the link in blue, the text that begins with “KB”.
- Now, you will be sent to another page with the list of all the updates of the last month. We look for the table where it says “Microsoft Office 2016“and we choose the one that is higher by clicking on it.
- In another new website, where you have the exact information about their news, scroll down to the links with the text “Download the security update …”. Click on the one that corresponds to your team (32 or 64 bit). On the page that now appears, click on “Download”Or”to download“.
- When the file is downloaded, open it and continue with the installation so that Microsoft Office 2016 has the newest update installed on Windows. Done!.
The Office 2016 update procedure on Mac It requires that you first go through the installation of a previous software to be able to carry out all the possible updates of this office suite and any other Microsoft tool: Microsoft AutoUpdate.
For this reason, this section will begin with the download and installation of this program and, later, with the process of installation of the new version for Microsoft Office. Follow the steps that we indicate from here:
- In the first step we will have to access the official Microsoft download website, you can enter from here, to get the aforementioned program, or if you prefer you can download it safely from the direct link that we provide below for higher comfort.
- If you chose to enter the web you will know that this is the page of microsoft AutoUpdate. Now, you have to descend a little until you reach the section “Microsoft Download Center”. When you find it, click on the link that appears on it.
- Once the file is downloaded, proceed with its installation as with any other software package on Mac and let the process take place.
Another option that we mentioned is to download the program from the direct links that we provide, they are 100% safe and virus-free:
- Now, open any Microsoft Office 2016 program you have. It doesn’t matter if it’s Word, Outlook or PowerPoint.
- When the application has already been launched, you have to go to the menu at the top and click on “Help”. Then, in the drop-down menu that opens when doing so, click on the section “Search for updates”.
- A pop-up window linked to Microsoft AutoUpdate will appear. Here you can configure everything related to updates and even make them fully automatic so you don’t have to do anything else for future updates. However, to find them now and install them, you just have to go to the button “Search for updates” and press it.
- If there are any, you will be sent to a page with the necessary files. Download what it takes and install it so that Office is fully renovated and, of course, updated. Ready!.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉