It was 2009 when a programming fan, Markus Persson, began to become famous for launching a video game very different from what reigned at the time. This indie developer decided to put aside all the technological innovations and cutting-edge graphics to build an extremely simple, yet profound game: Minecraft.
Today, mentioning this name is talking about something that has marked the industry and even the culture in a way. Minecraft has been a mass phenomenon that has captured millions of players, lured by the possibility of exploring a virtual world, building in it and destroying at will through an intuitive block system. With almost unlimited possibilities, the game is still one of the most popular today and sold from the market.
Thus, its creators, who went on to form the Mojang studio, from time to time they make sure to release new items in the form of themed costumes, objects and environments, as well as updates with which they continue to add improvements and changes to enrich the experience for the player. And this is precisely the reason that leads many, like you, to wonder how to install and update Minecraft for free to the latest version available.
Update Minecraft to the latest version step by step
In this guide we are going to explain the entire update process on the vast majority of platforms on which Minecraft is available. Already a user of Pc, from Android, from iOS, from Playstation 4 or from Xbox OneHere you will learn everything you need to install the updates for this game without any problem. Let’s go!
Mojang, the development team supported by Microsoft that is responsible for making the game, makes sure to constantly release updates to introduce improvements and new content. In fact, one of the most important changes to the title, changing your graphics engine, has been done with a version jump. If you want to update Minecraft to the most current version both on PC, smartphones or game consoles, you just have to follow the steps in the following sections.
On Windows or Mac
Both on Windows and Mac, Minecraft updates are done automatically, although certain content may not be renewed unless a certain parameter is activated in the options. In order to always have all the news, follow these steps:
- Run Minecraft opening your startup file as if you were going to play a normal game.
- In the main menu, go to the button “Settings” which is right next to “Store”.
- Once there, in the section on the left, go down until you enter the section “general”And, there, press the button “Profile”.
- The information in the right half will be completely different. So now you have to enter it and activate the tab that accompanies “Automatically update unlocked packs”. To know that it is active, you just have to check that the indicator has moved to the right. If it isn’t, press to make it so.
On the other hand, on Windows 10, updates may not be done automatically. If so, follow these steps to renew your Minecraft game:
- Enter the Microsoft Store clicking on its icon. It’s usually at the bottom of the main screen, inside the taskbar.
- Once inside, go to the top right of the window and click the button with three ellipsis to the right of your profile picture.
- In the drop-down menu that opens, you must press the option “Downloads and updates.”
- Now, with the list of applications, programs and games in front of you, you just have to press the blue button with the text “Get updates”. By doing so, the Microsoft store will connect to the internet to search for new versions and, if there are any, will update Minecraft with the most current update what exists.
On Mac, in case of having problems with the new versions, you can force the installation of these through the game itself. To do this, do what we explain below:
- First, open your Minecraft game through its icon.
- When it loads and you are in its main menu, go to the part where the version that is installed is indicated and click on the arrow next to it.
- In the small menu that opens, just click “Last version!” or “Latest version!” if your game is in English.
- Behind this, accept to start the download and wait for the program to take care of downloading all the files and installing them. Thus, you will have your game update ready and ready for you to start playing!
On Android and iOS
Both on Android and iOS, users have the advantage that their devices are ready to receive updates automatically. If, for any reason, a manual update is being sought, do the following:
- Go to Google Play Store . Find its icon in your list of apps and click on it to enter.
- Now, in the search bar at the top of your main screen, type “Minecraft” and, among all the results that appear, choose the first one that appears.
- When you enter the app file, if there is an update available, a button will appear with the text “To update”. Click on it and let both the download and installation take place to have the new update ready on your Android device.
- Look for the icon App Store and press it to enter it. Through this store you can find and install new versions of the applications.
- Now, go to the lower right and click on “Upgrades”. If there is any pending, A red circle will appear indicating this.
- In the list that you now have in front of you, all the apps installed on your iOS device appear. You just have to go to “Minecraft” and click on the button that accompanies it to start updating, if there is an update available.
On PlayStation or XBox
For update Minecraft on PlayStation or XBox it is not necessary to do more than make sure you have the console connected to the internet. Both are prepared and programmed so that all new versions of their games are installed as soon as they are available.
Developer: Microsoft Studios
Price: € 19.99 +
When entering the main menu of each one, you will be notified that updates are available, which also will install automatically while you play, as long as the title you play or the app you use does not use the internet connection. It is a process that takes place in the background and does not require any type of user interaction.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉