Surely many of you have used the well-known Mozilla Firefox browser. He is very well represented by an orange fire fox that wants to imitate a ball
. If, in addition to having it installed, we have it updated, you can avoid many headaches. But what should we do to keep it in its latest version? How can you update Mozilla Firefox for free in Spanish?
This powerful open source web search engine, It has a very high speed, with a load of web pages that does not need to use much memory of the device where you have installed it, hence it is so used in very diverse sectors and by users of all levels, whether they are beginners or users. advanced level.
What is most often liked by those who have dared to use it is that it is very intuitive and makes navigating its different options much easier. Everything is framed in the most suitable area so that, if an option is needed, it can be found in a moment without taking too many turns.
Update Mozilla Firefox for Windows 7, 8 and 10
It also has a private browsing mode that blocks trackers, to avoid those ads that chase us daily using our searches, the famous “cookies”, forgetting your history once you have closed the window. You cannot deny that it has many advantages, so keep reading to know how to keep the Mozilla Firefox browser updated and in its latest version if you are clear that you want to try it with all its advantages and functionalities.
Usually, Firefox takes care of keeping itself updated automatically and it is not necessary for the user to do it himself. But there are times when, for some special reason, that update does not occur and we must take care of doing it manually. Also, we can select from the preferences the option that “the browser does not update automatically“and so you can choose when to do it yourself.
It is a very simple process, so you can follow the following steps to do it without any problem:
- First, you can download the .exe from above. Open a browser window Mozilla Firefox and go to the menu bar just at the top right with this symbol .
- Then open the help menu located at the bottom, a drop-down will open.
- Choose “About Firefox“which is right in the last position.
- Firefox will open a pop-up and a message appears indicating that it is checking if there are available updates. In the event that your browser is not in the latest version, it will start download the new update automatically.
- When this quick process is finished, you should click the button “Restart to update Firefox“.
- After the restart, you will be able to enjoy the new update on your computer with Windows Operating System. That easy!
In case you want to configure Firefox updates yourself, feel free to follow these steps:
- You must go to Menu and select the Firefox options .
- Now you must go to the tab “general” and move to the section “Firefox updates“.
- From this section you can configure the update frequency and mode, selecting the option that interests you the most. Updates can be made automatically or manually.
- From here we recommend the automatic option to keep your device always at the highest level of security although, as we say, if you prefer to carry out the updates yourself, you can do so using this configuration.
*Note: The version of Windows used does not have much to do with this, because the browser is not dependent on the architecture of the computer. By this we mean that the update is done the same for any Windows, either in version 7, 8 or 10.
Update Mozilla Firefox on Mac computers
The Firefox update on your Mac It is done by following the same steps that have been explained in the previous section to do it on Windows. This depends directly on the browser, so the only case in which the operating system version is used is to perform the installation.
Anyway, we are going to make a summary of the steps, in case you have not read the section on Updating Mozilla Firefox on Windows.
- You can download the file above. Open the Firefox browser and look for the option in the main menu “About Firefox“.
- Mozilla will check for updates later than the version your browser is in. In the event that there are, Firefox will update automatically on your Mac computer.
- When this process is done, you must restart the browser for the changes to complete. An option will appear to do it directly, but if not, you can close the browser from the cross and reopen it, by clicking on its shortcut.
If you have any problems during the download and installation, you can use the links that we offer here, they are 100% safe and the downloads come from the official Mozilla page, we provide you direct download links and from the systems and languages directory to find the most current option in reference to your operating system and your language.
Update Mozilla Firefox for Linux or Ubuntu
Sometimes, when we download a Linux versionThis does not have a good browser, and if we opt for Firefox it is not usually updated. For this reason, and in order not to renounce the maxim of Linux (always use free software), we are going to update Mozilla Firefox on this OS.
- First, you can try to do it from the package manager, although, on some occasions, the last update of the programs does not appear in this manager.
- You can try to do it from the browser itself, although this option does not work for all programs or elements. To do it this way, you can consult the previous sections, since it is done the same as for Linux or Mac. Attached below is a brief summary of the steps to follow:
- We open a browser window and look for the Superior menu the option “About Mozilla Firefox“.
- When trying to find the version the program is in, Firefox detects an improvement to be made.
- At that moment, start downloading of it and install it.
- Then it asks you restart the program, manually or automatically.
- Finally, when it opens again, you can redo step 1 to make sure everything went well.
- In case the above option does not work either, it is recommended to use the update option using commands. To do this, you have to open the terminal and start executing the following commands:
- Update repositories: “sudo apt-get update“.
- Install the latest version of firefox: “sudo apt-get install firefox“.
- Update Firefox to the latest version and also other outdated programs: “sudo apt-get upgrade“.
*Note: There are no distinctions in upgrade between Linux distributions. It is done in the same way for Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Knoppix …
Update Mozilla Firefox for Android
In the case of Android, the browser itself Firefox will show you that an installation is available when accessing Google Play. You can follow the steps below to find out the version you have and if there is an upgrade available.
- Open a window of your browser Mozilla Firefox for Android.
- Then select in the upper corner the option “Setting“. If you can’t find it, go to section”More“.
- You will see the section “About Firefox“and under the firefox logo the version that is installed will appear. You may see a notice there that you need to update to the latest version.
- If this is so, you must open Google Play on your device and select the menu in the corner that you have in the upper left .
- Go to the section “My Apps“and you will see a list of all your apps. A distinction will appear in the applications that have yet to be updated.
- If Firefox appears there, you must select it. When clicking on the browser application the button “To update“.
- Confirm by clicking on the button “To accept“and the whole process will start automatically.
- When this has finished, you will receive a notice and the button “To update“will have become”Open“since there will no longer be any new features to be installed.
*Note: Remember that if you do not have access to Google Play in your country, you must do the same but from the application store that you have active. If you have this browser there should be no problem when carrying out the update.
Remember that you should only make this type of updates from Mozilla’s own website to avoid malware problems on your device or from the trusted links that we provide in this post.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉