The range of existing software for mobile devices is very wide and it can do almost everything; We have reached a point where technology is a fundamental part of our daily lives. Our smartphone or tablet It is capable of doing almost everything necessary to avoid a multitude of tasks. In this way, it is logical to think about how tremendously important it is to make the system in its most modern version to avoid problems when installing new applications. But, How to update the software of the phone or tablet ?.
The way to update the software is not always the same, although it is true that the most recommended by experts is that the system updates automatically as soon as the notice that indicates availability arrives. You can ask the user for confirmation, but generally this update should not be prevented from occurring since, after all, that is what we want. However, there are several ways to achieve it and today you are going to know them with this complete guide. It is important that before updating the phone or tablet Let’s check that there is space available within our device.
If not, the best thing is that we start looking for a way to delete an app or remove some of the content to free up space. Sometimes some of the updates are critical; that is to say, very important improvements that will solve a specific problem. These should be done immediately to avoid major security problems. So much so that, in the event that the update is very important, even if you postpone it, it will end up installing in a maximum of x days.
How to update the software on Android phones and cell phones?
If you have a android device Updates can be made through the data service offered by the telephone provider you use, you have the complete guide to update Android here. This operating system allows you to update it without having to connect the cell phone to the computer, hence you can do it anywhere no matter where you are, it is recommended to do it when we are connected to a Wi-Fi network .
If you follow the steps that I indicate below, you will be able to keep your phone in its latest software version:
- Go to your Android phone and click on the button “Menu”.
- Now look for the section related to the “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the last option (as a general rule) and select “About of the phone”.
- Enter the menu “System updates”.
- If there are no new updates, the message “Your phone is up to date”.
- If that message does not appear, this means that new updates are available, so the phone will start downloading and installing them automatically or, depending on the model, you will have a button that says “To update“,”Update Android version“or similar; just press it.
Usually the process takes a few minutes, sometimes even a few seconds, and it is usually not necessary to restart the terminal. Even so, if you don’t find a difference, just do it and go back to the previous menus to verify that, now, yes, the device has installed the corresponding enhancements.
How to update the software on iPhone IOS cell phones and smartphones?
IOS software can be updated to the most recent version when we connect to our computer using iTunes; but it can also be done wirelessly. Do not forget that before updating your iPhone you must make a backup of your files so you don’t lose anything should this process fail. This can be done by iCloud or iTunes.
Updating the software on an iPhone wirelessly
If you have decided that you are going to perform the update wirelessly, you must follow the steps indicated below:
- Plug your device to the electrical network to load while the update is in progress.
- Connect it to the Internet using Wi-Fi network .
- Find the menu “Settings“And go to the category”general”.
- Once inside, select the option “Software update”.
- If there is any new update, you will see a red circle with a number indicating the updates that are available.
- Click on the button “Download and Install”. You may get a message asking if you want to temporarily delete apps because iOS needs space for the update. You must click on “ContinueIf you want to continue. You should not worry because then iOS will reinstall the apps that have been deleted.
- You can update now or leave it for later. If you want to do it now, click on “Install”.
- If, on the contrary, you want to do it at another time, you can click on “Later“And choose between the options”Install tonight“Or”Remember later”. Do not forget to perform step 1 and 2, if you are going to update it at night.
- It may be that the device asks for your code to confirm you want to install this new software content.
Software update for iOS using iTunes
If, on the contrary, you prefer to make use of the iTunes app, you must do the following:
- Turn on your computer and update to the latest version on iTunes program.
- Now connect your iOS device to the computer.
- Open iTunes and choose the device you want to update.
- Click on the option “Summary“And find and select”Search Update”.
- You must click on “Download and update”.
- It is very possible that I ask you to enter your access code to the device to allow the new content to be installed.
How to update mobile phone software for Windows Phone?
Windows Phones must be updated on a regular basis, so that we can add the new features that users ask for, which are many, in addition to benefiting from security patches that are added with each update. When there is a new software update, the user is notified so they can download it via Wi-Fi or mobile data. Let’s see the steps to follow.
- Initially you must charge the phone batteryas an update cannot be done if there is insufficient battery.
- It is best to use the WiFi connection to save cell data.
- To start with the automatic update, go to the menu “Setting”.
- Now go to the option “Update phone”.
- Select the option “Download updates automatically when my data settings allow it”.
If, on the contrary, we want to download the update manually we must:
- Click on the menu “Setting”.
- Now choose the section “Update my phone“
- Click on “Search for updates”.
- Now click on the button “to download”, After checking for available updates.
You can do several things:
- Click on “Show Details“And then on”Install”. The phone restarts and the update installs.
- Click on “Show Details“And then on”Not nowIf you want to update later.
- Click on “Preferred Install Time”And then choose the time you want to update.
- After the update, either immediately or you have scheduled it, restart your phone if it doesn’t do it automatically.
- Wait for the configuration to be migrated and click on “Ready”To finish the update.
*Note: If you do not have enough space you should go to the “Storage sensor”To free up more space. Or you can also use the storage space it provides you SD card inserted in the cell phone.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉