For no one is a secret that, Facebook is one of the most influential, famous and powerful social networks in the digital environment. For this reason, it has remained within the world ranking regarding social networks with a greater number of users per month. As, has around 2.4 billion active users.
In this sense, both the youngest and the most adult choose to make use of this recognized platform to interact with other people online. Taking into account that, for this, Facebook facilitates several mechanisms and even, it has given the necessary tools so that people can advertise there.
So, Facebook exhibits different novelties with which has optimized the experience of its users over time. For this reason, apart from allowing the publication of multimedia files such as photos and videos, the platform also supports the possibility of upload PDF files from any device. Given its importance, here we will teach you how to do it using a computer, from an Android device or with an iOS.
Basically a Pdf is defined as a file format Used to represent documents that can contain links, buttons, form fields, business logic, images, audios, and videos. Added to this, offer the option to sign them electronically and all this, independently with the operating system. Therefore, PDFs can be handled through a Windows, Linux and MacOS computer, like through mobile devices or tablets that operate under Android or iOS.
Now, in view of its importance, there are many platforms that present compatibility with this type of files, to improve the experience of its users in terms of information and communication. Thanks to this, Mark Zuckerberg’s social network allows you to manage PDFs and publish them on the platform, just as if they were multimedia files. However, there are still many people who do not know how can you upload these files to Facebook to share them with your contacts.
That is why, to facilitate your experience of using the social media app, we want to show you step by step what you have to do to publish a PDF from Facebook, both through a computer and also through an Android or iOS :
From the computer
Directly, the social platform allows you upload PDF files to Facebook groups in which you are added. Whereas, to share them from your timeline or to a social network page, it will be necessary to take a more indirect route. Since, the option to load content in format Pdf is only available for the groups you are part of on the social network.
Now, to start with the simplest method, we will introduce you to the process that must be followed to publish your PDF file in any Facebook group you want:
- First of all, you need to access the official Facebook website to login to your account using the corresponding credentials. In this case, you can choose the web browser of your preference to do it.
- Once inside the timeline of your FB account, It’s time to click on the “Groups” section. By default, it is located at the top of the window.
- Now, through the left sidebar (where it says “Your groups”), click on the group in which you want to publish your PDF document.
- Then, from the field of Create Post, go to the bottom where it says “Add to your publication” Y select the three existing points to enter the menu.
- After that, several options will appear that you can choose freely. In this case, click on “File” and thus, a new box will open.
- At this point, it only remains to write your publication and load the PDF document through the button that says “Choose file”. Thus, the file explorer of your computer will open and it only remains to search for it to open it (which should not exceed 100 MB).
- Finally, when you agree with the result obtained, you have to click on “Publish” in order to share the Pdf with the other members of the group.
On the other hand, to share your PDF file directly on your timeline or on any other Facebook page, you will have to perform a different procedure than the previous one it is much more indirect. Since, first of all, you will have to upload it to the cloud in order to upload it to the social network. For this, it will be necessary use Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox or any other similar service.
Here’s what needs to be done:
- Initially, access the official website of your preferred cloud storage service. For there, upload PDF document you want to share on your FB account.
- Followed by this, when you are in your storage unit, proceed to look for the file in question to copy your url through the top bar of the browser or with the option that says “Get link”. This will depend on the type of cloud storage service you use.
- Now, log into your account Facebook and from the part of Start, start writing your new post. There, it’s time to paste the link you copied in the previous step and in the same way, it will be shown to other users.
- To conclude, you just have to click on the “Publish” button and so it will be uploaded as a common post in your Facebook. In such a way, all the people who press the link in question, they will enter the cloud service and can view or download your PDF.
Given that, currently, most Internet users prefer to manage their movements on the Internet through mobile devices, especially when it comes to social networks; also worth knowing how to share a PDF file on Facebook using an Android mobile or Tablet.
Here we’ll explain to you how to do it:
- In this case, use the link on PDF. To do this, through your smartphone or tablet, you have to enter the mobile app of the cloud service where you host said document or, to be able to load it there.
- When the document is on your storage drive, find and copy its URL.
- After copying the file link PDF, you have to access the social network application to enter your account as you normally do.
- Now, directly from the feed, start creating your new publication and in the part that indicates “What are you thinking?”, proceed to paste the url in question.
- Finally, finish managing your post and once it is ready, all that remains is click on “Publish” from the upper right corner. From then on, your FB friends will be able to access the Pdf through his URL.
In the case of a iPhone or iPad, also happens the same as in Android when it comes to sharing files Pdf in Facebook. That is, it cannot be loaded directly into the publication, but rather, it has to use a cloud storage service to get the document link and in such a way, to be able to add it in the social network.
Without further ado, let’s start with the step-by-step explanation to follow to publish your PDF in this way on an iOS:
- In this case, it is recommended to use the Google Drive platform. Therefore, from your device, enter the mobile app of said service which is usually found on the home screen. If you don’t have it installed yet, you can do it through the App Store for free.
- After that, look for the document in question or proceed to upload it to the platform. For the latter, just touch the “+” button in the lower right corner and press on “Upload” to find the PDF in question.
- Now, it is time to copy the file link. Which, you can do by clicking on “Locate” from the status bar to open the location of the PDF. So after, touch the three dots next to the document title to open the options menu.
- Next, in order to enable the required option, Find and slide the button that says “Get link to share”.
- Done the above, you have to select the option that says “Copy link” and thus, the URL of the file will be copied to the clipboard of the iPhone or iPad.
- Once you do the above, you have to enter the Facebook mobile app to access your account.
- Then, from the feed, press the text field that indicates “What are you thinking?” in order to post a new status. In this section, press for several seconds to be able to choose the option “Paste” and thus, place the link from Drive.
- When completing your post, just subtract select the option “Publish” from the top of the screen and voila.
On the other hand, if you want to share your PDF file with a Facebook contact privately, it will be opportune that you do through a private message. To do this, you will simply have to open Facebook Messenger, find and choose the relevant recipient to proceed with paste the link obtained and thus, this user will be able to open the file by touching said URL.
Even making use of the PDF link, it is also possible to publish it in another post through a comment. In that case, it will only be necessary to paste this link and share the comment with the phrase you want. With which, all the people who can see your comment, may enter the link without any limitation.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉