Instagram is a social network where your users can interact in different ways, mainly by uploading photos. The negative of this is that despite having a website, If you access from a browser using your computer, you will not be able to upload files to it.
The reason for this is not known for sure, they may simply want their users to use their mobile devices to enter this social network.
However, there are methods you can use to upload photos to this platform from your computer no matter what operating system you are using, or from what browser you try.
Steps to upload photos to Instagram from the computer without programs
Uploading images in this interface using a computer is much easier than you can imagine, it is only necessary to enter your browser to achieve it. It is important that the browser you use is Google ChromeIf you do not have it, it is recommended that you install it before performing any step.
In Google Chrome
The first thing you have to do is access in Google Chrome, once inside this, You will access the Instagram page, you will enter your user data and you will start the section.
Now you will do the following:
- Right click anywhere on the page and select the option that says “To inspect”.
- Now you go to “Activate the mobile version” or device view. To do this you have to do the following: You can press the commands (Control + Shift + M), or click on the icon with the symbol of a mobile or a Tablet that is in the upper right part of the screen.
- Press F5 or reload the page so that it can be activated properly.
- Once this is done you will see the classic icons that can be seen in the version for mobile devices. In this case the one that interests is “+”, this will allow you to upload the images stored on your computer.
- Choose the image you want to upload from your computer.
- You complete the procedure that you always do previously when uploading an image, that is, tag people, edit the image to your liking etc, finally you must press “Share”.
*Note: The only negative that can be said is that only one image can be uploaded at a time. It really is not a big inconvenience, since you can continue uploading as many as you want without prohibitions, and even you can use it on different Windows or Mac operating systems.
How to upload photos to Instagram on Apple Mac computer without cropping and without frame?
As in Windows, the developer tool is available to allow some browsers to be viewed as a mobile computer, in MacOS you can also do it from Safari.
To do this you have to follow the following steps:
- Enter in your browser Safari.
- Look for the option “Preferences” and access in “Advanced”, make sure the option “Show development menu” is enabled. If so, it should appear at the top of the screen.
- Now, enter the Instagram site and log in like you always do.
- Go to “Development> User Agent> Safari – iOS 11 – iPhone”.
- Once the above steps have been completed, your browser page may reload, if this is not the case do it yourself manually.
- You will see the icon to upload photos on the screen, you just have to click on it to upload the images.
- It only remains choose the one you are going to upload and add all the details that you always do.
How to post photos and videos on Instagram from the Chrome browser without losing quality?
When you use your browser to upload new images to this social network, it is possible that in some cases they lose quality, and this makes other users who follow you fail to appreciate anything in detail. For this drawback there are some plugins and add-ons that can be used and that will allow you to upload the content without problem.
Extension for Google Chrome
Add-ons or extensions in Google Chrome that fulfill the function that is required there are very few and among them, that work as they should are even fewer. However, there is an app that complies 100% with what is needed and provides quality functionality that leaves no doubt that it is an excellent tool.
This extension is very easy to use and this is because Its design is similar to what you can find using Instagram from a mobile device. You just have to download it from the Google extensions website and install it to start using it.
To handle it you just have to do the following:
- You have to log in with your account on Instagram, You can do this from the plugin or from the official website of the social network.
- Once you have logged in you can now navigate as you always do on your mobile device.
- To upload the images is the same procedure. You just click on the icon “+” and you follow the daily steps.
It is undoubtedly the best application for browsers with which you can emulate this interface. The only downside is that it is only available for Chrome, a problem that you can solve by downloading this browser.
Best applications to upload and post photos and videos on Instagram from a Windows PC or Mac
There are many tools that can be used on computers, whether in Windows or Mac operating systems, in order to be able to use said network from these computers. But nevertheless, some do not perform the desired functions or are severely limited.
Among the some of the apps that you can use, we will name the following:
In Windows there are few applications that can be obtained from the official website, but to be able to enjoy Instagram from your computer we have one that belongs to the same company, it can be said that it is the official one for Windows.
With this you can feel as if you were entering the social network from your browser, or even from your mobile device. You can comment, view images, write messages without problems, among other things.
The only problem that can arise and the same app says it from its website is that some functions such as the ability to take photos, or record videos and upload them to the platform, may not be supported with other devices with Windows 10. That is, you may not be able to upload files of this type from your computer.
Use Android emulators
There is another tool that you can use with these, they are the already very well known emulators. In this case, the systems android emulators they are more comfortable to use and free.
Next, we will name two of the most used programs and in which you can use Instagram:
This is a tool that allows you to emulate Android on any computer, basically you would be using a mobile with that operating system from your computer without problems. This in turn will allow you to download Instagram and other social networks at the same time, being able to use them from the PC without having failures or restrictions for the same.
Memu Play or simply memu, is another emulator that will allow you to use all or almost all Android applications on your computer Without restrictions, you can download Instagram and enjoy it without problems from the comfort of your computer.
On Apple-designed operating systems the programs that can be used are more diverse, apart from obviously the official Instagram app. Among the emulators that we find we can name the following.
Flumeapp is an application for MacOS systems that allows its users to use the social network to share the content they want directly from their computer. It has a free version and a paid version, which for only $ 20 you can buy. This will add additional features that can be very appealing to users.
Uplet for Mac
A program designed so that you can use your favorite social network from your MacOS computer without using your iPhone or iPad in between.
This application in turn is working on a version for Windows, you can know more about this by clicking on the option “Learn more “and registering an email so that they send you its information when it is available. This program is paid, but you can use its trial version and if you like to purchase it.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉