Since lives are available on social media, people do not stop prefer this possibility instead of investing time in conventional videos. Thus, it can be said that live broadcasts are unstoppable. They have increased by more than 300% since Facebook decided to bet on streaming.
As users, you should know that it is required to invest, on average, 1 Gb in each live streamThat is why Wi-Fi technology is preferred by followers of this trend.
Learn everything there is to know about how to activate and use Facebook Live from a mobile device, although you can also do it from a desktop computer.
What are the benefits of watching Facebook Live from your smartphone?
If your thing is to use your smartphone more than a computer, we tell you that, from the side of the end users, those who are mainly the consumers of these products, the benefits are exactly the same. What does this mean? That neither the quality nor the options you have to interact with the accounts on Facebook are limited if you use a Smartphone, Tablet or a laptop to watch the live videos.
Check this list of the specific advantages you have when watching a live from a mobile:
- Facebook is friendlier: It must be said, user-oriented design is better suited for mobile devices than for computers. Facebook is so gigantic in terms of services, that sometimes you get lost in the sea of options it offers you before getting to see a live.
- You consume less data: Facebook optimizes the quality of the reproductions better when it comes to mobile. As the resolutions are lower, the video quality does not need to be as high and therefore they weigh less. If your internet is for data consumption in both cases, spend less for the cell phone.
- You can interact just like on PC: Facebook is interested that, in each live, there are hundreds of interactions between likes, shares and comments. So you don’t have to worry about not being able to interact during a live broadcast.
- You can see the live anywhere: it is easier to watch a video with your cell phone if you are in a shopping center or simply not at home. Bringing a laptop to your outings is sometimes not so easy. Also, if you have to ask for the Wi-Fi password, it is easier for you to access it if you have a mobile phone.
- It’s more practical: the size and weight of a cell phone is less than that of a laptop. And if you do not have your own car, it is less likely that there will be eventualities when you carry your cell phone. Due to the low resolution of cell phones, any video will look great.
- Battery duration: 10 years ago, a live could have completely downloaded your cell phone, but this is no longer the case. The autonomy of mobile phones is better today than before, so you don’t have to worry about killing your phone if you need to watch a live broadcast.
- It is more discreet: If you want to watch a live show and nobody notices, simply by placing a pair of headphones you have and nobody will notice, because the screen is small and it is easier to enjoy this moment of relaxation without distractions.
- Facebook notifies on your mobile: This social network has an interesting notification system that makes it impossible for you to forget a live broadcast when it is scheduled and you subscribe to it. Notifications arrive without problems to your mobile as a reminder.
Learn step by step how to activate and view Facebook Live broadcasts from Android and iOS
Although Facebook is quite mobile friendly, when people haven’t had a certain usability experience In your application, they may get a bit lost before they can finally see the broadcasts.
Let’s see next:
The steps in this operating system are quite simple to follow.
We will explain what to do if you do not have the video link:
- Opens the application of Facebook on Android.
- On top, you will see a video symbol, that is the section “Watch”.
- Press that symbol and expect it to load successfully.
- Press the tab “Live” which is at the top, next to a video symbol.
- Facebook will take you to the live broadcasts section, which is now also part of Watch.
- In the upper right, you see a magnifying glass symbol what is the integrated search engine Facebook.
- Press and wait to fully charge.
- Now you can write one or more keywords associated with the live you want to find.
- You just have to click on that link that you have saved anywhere as WhatsApp or another instant messaging platform and you will see the transmission.
- If the sender of the video so chooses, you will have to log in as a Facebook user. It is a topic that escapes your hands and that becomes mandatory for you to see the content.
The steps in the Apple operating system are exactly the same because it is not something that depends on iOS, rather are native settings in the Facebook app.
Let’s see next:
- Run the application of Facebook.
- Seeks the section “Watch” and press.
- Choose the eyelash “Live”.
- Choose the magnifying glass image, where you can search for the live broadcast.
- Write one or more keywords that serve as a reference in the search.
- Enjoy of the video.
If you notice that Facebook does not do its job of adjusting the quality and weight of your videos to avoid excessive consumption, you can modify this detail manually in the settings:
- Choose the “Settings” at the top and right.
- Press “Use of cell phone data”.
- Now check the box “Data saving” and with this Facebook reduces up to 40% data consumption on your phone.
- In that same section, check the box “With Wifi data” if you want the automatic reproductions to be only with this type of connections.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉