Since 2017, Facebook experiments with various ways so that in countries where internet service is precarious there are no limitations on access to their services. One of them is the possibility of watching the videos live once they end to people without Facebook accounts and with speed limitations.
How is this possible? Actually, It is something relative because you do need an internet connection, but not the moment you access the video, you choose when to download the material to watch it later.
Do not worry, Here are the steps you should follow to know what you should do and what does Facebook do to make you watch its videos with an internet connection.
What are the benefits of creating an access code for your Facebook Live videos?
What people call access code, it is actually a direct link that can be public or private to view live broadcasts and the different videos that are published on this social network reach only the people you want. Even, it is possible to configure the transmissions so that people without Facebook accounts see the content, but in this case we will only talk about access when people do not have internet.
How do people manage to watch videos without internet? The truth is impossible, but what happened previously is that, to watch a video, at any time or place, the platform required you to have internet at that moment, that is no longer the case. Facebook allows people to preload the video so you can watch it later, at a time that suits you best.
This was quite a novelty because YouTube already allowed you to save the videos to watch them later and Facebook was left behind due to the heavyness of its streaming platform in 2016 and 2017. The advantage is that you can be in an area with Wi-Fi, download the video, and play it later when the phone is in airplane mode or simply do not have data packages available.
Learn step by step how to create an access code for your videos to be used by users without an Internet connection
There are steps that you must do as an administrator and other steps that users must perform, we leave you a list of all of them and thus guarantee that more people have access to your live content:
If you are the administrator of your fanpage, the steps you must follow to create your access code are the following:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Go to the section “Start” from your FanPage.
- On the far left, find and press “Publishing tools”.
- Now go to Videos and the page will take you to the Creator Studio platform.
- Give the option “To create”, it has a green button.
- Choose the option “Broadcast live” and you will see a new interface.
- For people it will be better if you work with scheduled broadcasts, so select “Schedule Live Video Event”.
- Choose “Next”, located in the lower left.
- Fill in the fields date and time of transmission, it will also ask for a title and a brief description.
- Once you finish, leave the privacy option in “Public”.
- Although you already see the page’s URL, we want you to see the post’s URL. You must launch the scheduled event so that that link appears that will already be shared.
With this link, You give followers with a precarious connection the opportunity to schedule their transfer to a place where they can watch the broadcast and where they can download it once the live is over. Experts recommend scheduling all broadcasts, that draws people’s attention and they set aside time to dedicate to share with you with greater dedication.
As a follower
You have already achieved the most important step for your video to be seen anywhere, despite a very slow or no connection. Now there are recommendations and tips for users who are also eager to have access to the broadcasts that you do frequently.
- When it’s time to broadcast, open the Facebook app and access the link that you already have saved.
- You will go straight into the live, stay there for a few moments.
- If you notice that the connection does not let you see the live, try to lower the quality of the reproduction.
- If this doesn’t work, search for an area with wifi and open the link again.
- Automatically, Facebook loads into your phone’s cache the content of the broadcast.
- After waiting a few minutes, You already have the video at your disposal to see it later.
- Avoid closing the app, to prevent loss of information.
End of stream
The way these steps usually work best is when the video transmission ends and it is saved in the Fan Page for later reproductions of the followers. So, it is better to enter the link an hour or two after the video has finished.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Enter with the Facebook app to the link that is already saved previously.
- Play the video to the quality you want.
- Give the option “Save video” in the settings.
- Wait a few moments for the material to be downloaded.
- Now you can watch the broadcast at another time.
- You can minimize the app, let it run in the background, but avoid closing it.
- After watching the video, remember to clear the cache of your cell phone to avoid collapses.
As you can see, you will always need an alternative internet connection, but this time you choose the best time to do it and have that material on hand to see it whenever you want.
Third party apps
After the transmission ends, the video can be saved on the Facebook servers as one more video, so here the famous third-party applications come into play to quickly download videos on any platform. Although many of them do not have the support of this technological colossus, offer accessible and fast alternatives so that you can take the videos you like the most to your computer or Smartphone.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉