When it comes to the management of our email data, many users seek to have as much control as possible, both of the actions that are carried out and of the data that is stored.
In this sense, for many users it is very important to be able to identify the history of movements and data of Gmail, in order to be able to manage what information is saved, and what is omitted and eliminated.
In this article we will teach you step by step how to view and manage your Gmail history data, so that you have full control over the information available in your mailboxes, so if your mail service requirements include the management and review of stored information, continue reading.
What can we consider as Gmail history?
Although it is called history, not at all like Google’s Chrome browser, which has a function dedicated to browsing history, as this feature is not present in the Gmail service.
What we can consider as history in Gmail, is the content of each folder to which we have access, that is, sent items, received items and subscribed newsletter. These items are grouped into folders within the Gmail interface, so that the user can access them quickly and easily, in addition to offering the option to move, highlight or delete a particular item.
Learn step by step how to view your Gmail history to know your activity on the Google mail platform
In order to manage and know your activity in Gmail, it is necessary that you know how to navigate through the different sections visible in its interface. This will allow you to have greater control of your data and information as well as giving you greater control over your Gmail platform.
Each folder in Gmail has a specific label and function, and in the following, we’ll show you how to enter, review, and manage each of these folders:
The inbox is usually the first screen we see when entering the Gmail web portal.
So the procedure to enter this section is very simple:
- Opens your browser Web.
- Enters on the official page of Google.
- Click on the button “Log in”, located in the upper right corner.
- Enter your access credentials (Gmail email and password).
- Once you have logged in, Google will redirect you back to its official page.
- click about button “Gmail”, located at the top of the screen.
- It will take you to the email service, whose first screen by default is the inbox.
Once there, you will have total visualization of all the messages received in chronological order, from the last to the first. Next to each message you will see a box that you can check to display the menu of actions for each of them, and this menu will allow you to archive, delete, mark as spam or highlight an email.
Enter sent items
It is the second most important folder of the service of Gmail, since contains the emails that the user has sent to their contacts, filed in order of shipment.
To locate and manage this section, you will only have to follow the next steps:
- Open your browser web and enter Gmail.
- Enter your Google email and your password.
- When entering to the Gmail portal, unfold the sidebar, where you will find the folder menu.
- Swipe down the tab to reveal all folders of Gmail.
- Choose the section labeled as “Sent”.
- In this folder you will see all the messages you have sent, next to which will be the box to mark them, which opened the message management options menu.
View recent drafts
The drafts tab stores for the user the messages that were previously written, but not sent. In this situations, Gmail has a feature that sends canceled messages to the draft box automatically. This function is applied whenever, for some reason, sending an email is canceled manually, in which case, Gmail include that message in the drafts tray, regardless of whether it has no recipients, subject or content.
To access your drafts tray in Gmail, just follow these steps:
- Enter Gmail from your browser.
- Log in with your user credentials.
- Open the side menu located to the left of the inbox.
- Swipe down until you find the folder labeled as “Drafts”.
- In this folder you can manage unsent messages. You will have the option of archive them, delete them, or edit them.
View latest subscriptions
Folders dedicated to subscriptions are designed to filter and host all promotional email sent by the web pages of companies to which we have registered through our Google account. There are two folders for this function, which are in Gmail labeled as “Notifications” and “Subscriptions”, and both folders are easily accessible from the Gmail inbox.
To access these folders, follow these instructions:
- Through your browser, Enter the Gmail portal.
- Log in with your email and password.
- When accessing, you will immediately see the inbox, and just above it you will see the tabs with the mailboxes for subscriptions.
- click about the folder “Promotions” to manage emails from social networks, online stores and pages affiliated with the account Gmail; or select folder from “Notifications” to view the reminders, invoices, account statements and receipts sent to your account.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉