Within the platform Youtube there are some privacy options that you may not be familiar with yet. For example, did you know that when upload a video in you channel not necessarily must be “public” ?.
When you upload content, there are a number of alternatives that you can configure according to your needs. In this sense, you find the default state “public”, but you can also set your privacy so that it is “hidden” or “private”. It is not complicated at all and can be very useful.
But if once this is done, you wonder How to see the videos that I have hidden in my YouTube channel?, we will explain step by step how to access these contents. Keep reading!.
As we mentioned, when uploading a video to your channel there are four privacy setting options. It’s about the option Public, Hidden, Scheduled or Private. In these cases, it is worth clarifying what each one consists of so that you know exactly which type to implement. Specifically the team of Youtube, explain what a hidden video is one that a user has access to only if they have the link to view. That is, this type of material can only be seen by people who have the link to the video.
This way when users visit your channel, specifically in the tab “Videos”, videos set as hidden will not be shown to them. Also, their name will not appear in search results from Youtube, unless they add it to a public playlist. So if you want a person to watch a hidden video, just send them the url. It should be noted that it is not necessary for that user to have an account Google to be able to observe it.
In summary, the characteristics to consider in hidden videos are:
- It can share url.
- it’s possible add them to a section of a channel.
- It can comment on the video.
- They do not appear in Search results.
- They are not shown in the subscribers feed.
- Not listed posted on the channel.
If you need to configure the Privacy of a video to be hidden on your channel Youtube, There are a number of steps to consider.
To put a hidden video from your computer you have to:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- To select Videos, in the menu located on the left side.
- Hover over the video that you are going to edit.
- Click the down arrow next to the privacy setting in the column “Visibility”.
- Once there, select settings you want: Public, Hidden or Private.
- Click on save.
In case you want to hide it from a mobile device, you must follow the following procedure:
- Log in in your account Youtube from your mobile (Android or iPhone).
- Click on the tab Library / My videos.
- Tap on the button More, which is located next to the video you want to modify. Then select Edit.
- Within the drop-down menu corresponding to Privacy, choose between Public, Hidden or Private.
- Tap the blue arrow that is located at the top to save the changes.
Videos that are set to hidden are not really hidden at all. However, they are given that name because the way to access them is through the URL of the video. Consequently, so that users can appreciate the material it is necessary that the owner of the channel share the link of the video.
From that moment on, you can start sharing with others so that they can also appreciate it. In case you want access hidden or private videos in a channel of Youtube, all you have to do is request the link of the material to the owner of the channel and voila.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉