One of the most confusing aspects in Gmail it is the subject of contacts Can you really have email contacts? Is there an agenda where I can see everyone? The direct answer is yes and no.
Certainly the contacts of Gmail are related to our Google account, but there is no direct way from the application in which we can record emails, instead We must store this data among the contacts we have in the Google Contacts application.
That is why in this article we will teach you how to use this tool so that easily access the email list of the people you communicate with the most Gmail.
How does the Gmail contact record work and how can it be accessed?
Something you should know is that the application of Gmail It is very intuitive and has a very useful feature that, although it does not work directly as an agenda, it has quite similar functionality. The fact is that every time we send or receive an email, the recipient of the same is registered in our account indirectly.
This means that if in the future we are going to send an email to a person with whom we have had a conversation in the past, by putting their name as the recipient in a new message, Gmail will suggest a list of possible contacts that match that name. This means that you don’t necessarily have to memorize their email as the platform will automatically create a record for you.
However, this feature has its buts, as these contacts are not always remembered, especially if we have only exchanged a few messages with him. The only way to make sure this happens is to always mark the conversations of those important people as “Featured” or “Favorites”, so that we tell Gmail its relevance among the others.
Learn step by step how to access the contacts in your Gmail account from any of your devices
Yes OK there is no agenda or contact section in Gmail if we have some similar things that will help us to access the contact information of certain people. We can access our contacts in a very simple way from the computer.
The steps you must follow are the following:
- Go into your Gmail account Y click on the grid in the upper left corner of the screen, right next to your profile picture.
- Once there select the application “Contacts”.
- This will send you to the web version of the Google Contacts app in which all those that you have in your account are saved.
- The only downside is that here the contacts of your mobile phone book are displayed and you will only be able to send emails to those contacts who have an assigned email.
- As well you can access them directly from the right bar that is vertically.
- Another way to view contacts is in the Hangouts contacts. This is very simple to do, you just have to click on the contacts icon that appears just below the Hangouts chat of your account, and you will see all the contacts with whom you have had a conversation in this application and you will be able to see their email to send them a message.
We show you how to create contact lists and groups to improve the organization of your Gmail email
Creating contact groups is very easy to do. All you have to do is follow these steps that we explain below:
- Enter the Google Contacts app from your mobile or web browser.
- Now select the option “New Label” located on the left side of the Gmail options and sets the name of it.
- Now select the label you created from the left side bar and mark the contacts you want to be part of it and that’s it.
- You can now send messages in bulk to all the contacts of this tag without having to write them one by one.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉