The task manager is the Windows 7 tool It offers users to examine the performance of the operating system, the processes that are running, and the accounts that use the computer.
Thus, It is necessary to know what this W7 function is for and how you can get the most out of it so that you save time when you work and don’t strain your team.
These data can be found in the following paragraphs of this post. We will explain to you what all the sections of the task manager are and how you can use it to benefit yourself every time you use it.
What is the Windows Task Manager and what is it for?
The task manager Windows 7 is a tool that the operating system offers to know the processes that are running on the computer and also know the operation of the programs and tasks that are carried out in the background. In this way, a user can know exactly the performance of the CPU, the history of applications used and the users who accessed the equipment, among other important details.
What are all the sections of the Windows Task Manager?
The sections that the Task Manager from Windows They are divided into tabs.
We will show you each of them below:
- Applications. In this section you will find a list with all the open applications what do you have when you open the Task Manager. This tool is frequently used to finalize unresponsive programs. You will also be able to see a detail of the files that you have open for each app.
- Every time you open an application, a large number of processes are executed, the same goes for the operating system. If you want to know what those processes are, you will have to enter this section to see a complete list of all those that are running. As with applications, too you can finish them with the task manager.
- These programs are used to help Windows carry out its task, are useful for unlocking peripheral hardware. For example, if the printer stops working you will have to search for the service Print Spooler and then click on Stop Service.
- In this section you will see the performance of your Windows 7 computer resources. That is, you will be able to know the performance of the CPU, of the memory RAM, cache and the memory of kernel, among other things. It is frequently used to study the applications that bring your computer down.
- You will be able to see all the LAN and wireless networks to which your computer is connected.
- If you have administrator permission, you can close the sessions of other users who use your device. In this section you will see a list with all the people who have access to your Pc.
Learn step by step how to start the W7 task manager
You will be able to select the Windows 7 task manager if you do some of these steps:
- Press the keys together Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- Squeeze at the same time Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- make right click on taskbar and choose the option to enter the administrator.
- Press the start button from Windows, then write the name of the tool you are looking for and then select the application.
- Combine keys Windows and R. Then write on the bar taskmgr this will take you to a menu for you to choose the Task Manager.
Steps to use the task manager and get the most out of it
Learn the steps you need to follow to get the most out of the Windows 7 Task Manager:
Anytime open a program, folder, or document through the Task Manager from Windows, you will have to click Archive and then select Run new task. Then, you must write what you need to openIf you don’t know how to do it, you can press Examine so that the file explorer opens and you can choose the item you want. Another option you have is to click directly on the button at the bottom of the task manager, called New homework.
To close a program you will have to go to the tab Applications and then select the program you want close. Right click on it and choose the option Finish homework. You can also do this by pressing the button at the bottom right of the window.
Anytime end a process you will have to select the tab Processes, choose the one you want to finish and click on Finalize task.
Start and restart services
Go to the tab Services and click on the item you want to open. Then click on the option Open services. Another way you have is to right click and select this function. If what you are looking for is to close a service, really select it and click on Stop. To make it run again you will have to press the option Restart.
Know the performance of the team
When you need to know what is the saturation level of memory RAM, the CPU, the cache and the GPU, you will have to go to the tab performance and see the percentage of each of these elements. In this way you will be able to know the activity time, the number of seconds it needs to respond and the reading and writing speed.
If what you are looking for is to analyze the details of the networks to which you are connected and thus be able to know the adapter name, SSID, connection type, and signal strength, you will have to go to the tab Networking. This way you will have information about the IP adress from your computer and Kbp / s from rise and of descent with whom you work.
In the tab Users, you will have the possibility to disconnect to account profiles to work with your team, if you have the authorization as administrator. In any case you will be able to see all the people who can use your pc.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉