Know how to disable visual enhancements in Windows 7 to optimize the PC performance it is a good idea when you have little RAM in your computer. For this reason, it is convenient that you know how many resources these effects consume.
The answers to this topic can be found in the following paragraphs of the post. But this is not all, You will also read the step by step that you must do to configure the visual enhancements of W7 according to your needs.
By last, We will give you some tips to make your PC with Windows 7 go faster and get better performance. Don’t miss out on anything.
How many resources do the visual enhancements of the Windows 7 operating system consume?
Many users need to know how many resources the visual enhancements of the Windows 7 operating system consume. For this reason, To answer this question, the first thing you have to know are the minimum requirements that W7 needs for its correct operation. This OS requires a 1 or 2 GHz processor and that is x86 or x64 for the 32-bit and 64-bit architectures, respectively.
You will also need a RAM memory between 1 to 2 GB, also depending on the bit structure that the PC has. Therefore, to know the consumption of visual effects, it is calculated that they, according to the configuration made by the user, they can consume between 15 and 25% of the resources mentioned in the previous paragraph. Although this can vary significantly if multiple programs are running at the same time and require these visual styles.
Learn step by step how to configure the visual enhancements of Windows 7 according to your needs
We will show you below how you should configure visual enhancements in Windows 7 so that they adapt to the performance needs of your computer.
Let’s get started:
For a better appearance
The effect Aero is a visual style that supplants the version Windows 7 Basic. For this reason, you can get animations in the task bar, have a smooth scrolling of list boxes and show shadows under windows and pointer, among other things.
For Activate this style will be necessary that you go to an empty space on the desk and do right click in the same.
Next, you must follow these steps:
- Once a pop-up menu has opened you will have to select the option Personalize.
- Then choose the tool Appearance and customization.
- Tap on Personalization.
- Select, in the box Change visual effects and computer sounds, option Windows 7 Aero.
In this way you will get all the visual benefits and offers this theme of Microsoft.
For better performance
In case you want to have some visual effects and not all those included in Aero, you can choose the option Windows 7 Basic. In this way you will be able to find a balance point between the performance and the esthetic from the PC, so if you want to deactivate all the effects to obtain the maximum performance you will only have to uncheck the boxes that the Windows mentioned. We will show you below how you can improve the visual effects taking into account performance and aesthetics.
The steps you will have to do are:
- Tap on Start, write quickly cpl and press Enter. This will make you see the name of the tool on which you must click.
- A window will open in which you must choose the tab Advanced Options.
- Next, you should find the section performance and click the button Setting.
- Once you have accessed the new window called Performance options, you will have to go to the tool Visual effects.
In case you want to get the maximum performance you will have to deactivate all options leave the boxes checked Use visual styles in windows and buttons Y Smooth edges for screen fonts.
On the other hand, if you want to customize more options and find a lower performance, but a better visual experience, you should choose some of the following options:
- Animations in the task bar and in the Start menu.
- Animate the windows by minimizing and maximizing.
- Animate controls and elements inside the windows.
- Dim the elements after clicking.
- Dim or slide the tooltip in the preview.
- Dim or slide menus in view.
- Shift the frames combined when opened.
- Smooth scrolling from the list boxes.
- Show content from the window while crawling.
- Show the rectangle of translucent selection.
- Show shadow under the mouse pointer.
- Show shadows under the windows.
- Use shadows on labels of icons on the Desktop.
Tips to make your Windows 7 PC go faster and perform better
So that your computer with operating system Windows 7 go faster and get better performance, you will need to take into account the following tips that we present to you.
Close the programs you don’t use
A common mistake users make is not closing applications they are not using nor will they do it during their study or work day. These programs consume the Internet, since they run in the background, but if they don’t (because they don’t need a web connection) they require a space in RAM and make the processor work meaninglessly.
All this affects the performance of the W7 computer, so it is convenient to close the applications with which you are not working to free up space in the memory and make the processor find information faster.
Disable virtual memory
The virtual memory is a tool offered by Windows 7 to improve the user experience. It is a file that is located in the root of the operating system in which information is stored when RAM is full.
Although it is an element that helps to improve the stability of the equipment, it does not always have a positive effect because every time virtual memory is activated the task execution process is performed. For this reason, the performance of the computer is affected. To deactivate virtual memory you must enter the Start button Windows and type the name of the function. Next, an application will appear in which you must press and choose the configuration that helps you improve performance.
Delete junk files
Temporary files are created automatically To improve the user experience, this is done both in the operating system and the applications you have installed. Your goal is to find information to meet the operator’s need, but once temporary files are no longer used do not disappear and take place on the disk. Therefore, to improve PC performance it is necessary that delete junk files.
To do this, you must go to the Windows 7 Start button and then continue with these steps:
- Search the option Programs and click on it.
- Head to the tool accessories.
- Choose the option System tools.
- click in Disk Cleanup.
- Choose unit C: and click on the button To accept.
- Active the box Temporary Internet Files and click To accept.
Cookies are small programs that are used to save information in the browser of some websites. In this way you will not need to fill in your details or reload your tastes each time you enter the website. These files take up space on disk and also decrease Windows 7 performance.
To delete them you must do the following:
- Open the browser trusted and the one you always use, for example, Chrome.
- Go to the top right and click on the Option menu, which is represented by 3 vertical points.
- Select More tools.
- Choose the time interval you want to delete. It is recommended that you choose the option Since ever.
- Active the boxes Cookies and other site data Y Cached files and images.
- click in To accept.
Uninstall program you don’t use
You must not forget that less space occupied on the hard disk will improve the performance of your Windows 7 PC. Therefore, it is convenient that you delete all the programs that you do not use and that, for some reason you have downloaded it on your computer, you no longer need it because you will no longer perform the task for which you downloaded it.
You can do this with the following guide:
- Press in Start and then find the tool Control Panel.
- Login to option Programs.
- click in Uninstall a program.
- Choose the application you want to delete and click on it.
- Then, Choose Uninstall.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉