The Device administrator is a very important tool in management of hardware drivers installed on your Windows 8 computer. For this reason, it is necessary that you know more precisely what this native OS tool is about.
If you want to know more, keep reading because We will explain in this article what this manager is and what it is for and what the functions are performed inside a computer.
You can also know the step by step to access the Windows 8 Device Manager in different ways without making mistakes or dying trying. Check out.
What is Windows 8 Device Manager and what is it for?
To understand what the Device Manager tool is in Windows 8, you must first know the internal workings of your computer. Inside the cabinet there are different elements that are interconnected to each other so that they work every time you require it.
One of those components is the motherboard to which different hardware is connected to control and coordinate its processes and task execution. To carry this out, it is necessary to install a program for each of these hardware, which are called drivers. Therefore, to the motherboard are connected the memory card, a graphics card, the mouse, the keyboard and the monitor among many other components.
Each of these has a specific controller It has to be updated to be compatible with the operating system and to be able to respond in the best way every time you need it. Once the operation is clarified, it is possible to explain what the Device Manager is. This native Windows tool is the graphical interface to which you can access by different routes to configure all the drivers and components connected to your computer.
Thanks to this function it is possible to know:
- Which controller this outdated.
- Which program is working poorly on Windows 8 in relation to peripherals.
- Uninstall Y reinstall controllers.
- Know information about some mistake.
Learn step by step how to access the Windows 8 Device manager
Due to the importance of this tool in Windows 8, System programming allows access to Device manager in different ways. We will explain below all the possible routes you have to choose from.
Let’s see below:
Symbol of the system
Windows 8 has an internal tool that is used to interpret commands of type OS / 2 and Windows NT-based systems. Thanks to this Shell it is possible to access the device manager in a simple way. You must bear in mind that when you execute this option, a screen with a black background will open in which you will have to enter the command and to execute it you will have to press the key Enter.
In this case you will have to do the following guide:
- Head to the menu Start pressing the Windows icon.
- Without moving the mouse nor click instead type cmd. This will open the window that will allow you to work in the most basic part of the operating system.
- Then, writes msc and press Enter. Windows 8 will automatically open the device manager.
Run Dialog Box
This function will allow you to open a program, folder, document or any Internet resource with the operating system. Therefore, it is an ideal tool to access the Device administrator.
To use it you must perform this task:
- Press at the same time the keys Windows Y R, you can also write by pressing on the start button the word Run and then choose the application with that name.
- Once you have done the previous step, a window will open in the lower left part of your screen in which you will see a field with the name Open.
- Write msc and click the button To accept. This action will open the device manager automatically.
As the name implies, this tool Windows 8 is a graphical interface that will help you configure and customize different elements of the operating system. Thanks to the control panel you can access different functions, one of them is the device manager.
For this you will have to do this step by step:
- Press the start button and then write Control Panel, the same way you did with the painting Run. Once it appears in the list of options, choose the corresponding application.
- Another way you have is to access the Charm bar located on the right of the screen and choose the function Desk, there you will find the Control Panel. If you prefer, you can combine the keys Windows + C to access the menu Setting and then to Desk.
- Once you have found the control panel you will see the Device administrator. To enter you just have to click on it.
This alternative is the simplest of all and we have already explained it a bit. You will be able to access the device manager typing the name of this tool after clicking on the Windows start button. You will see a list in which you will have to click to enter the hardware manager.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉