Microsoft’s OS, Windows 8It is one of the most recent versions that the company has released, although it is not the most up-to-date. This edition brought great changes with respect to its predecessor W7.
So It will be convenient to analyze what is W8 and what are the ideal features that a computer should have to install it. Due to this we have prepared the following article for you to read the aspects related to this OS.
But this is not all, you will also know the features that Windows 8 and all its editions have. By last, You will know which is the best option between W8 and Windows 10.
What is Windows 8 and what is this Microsoft operating system for?
Windows 8 is a set of folders and files used to manage the structures of the programs and hardware installed on a computer. Thanks to this Microsoft tool it is possible to access a graphical interface and interact with the device to deliver orders and receive information requested by the user.
You can use this program on desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and servers. This version replaces Windows 7, but it is not the most up-to-date, since as of 2015 Microsoft released its most recent OS, W10. Windows 8 licenses are all paid and you can access versions for home, business and server use.
If you want to buy the 25-digit code to activate the license, you can do it in the official Microsoft store or get it through authorized resellers and distributors. While there are major technical changes with its predecessor, the most questioned of this version of Windows was the removal of the start menu, used since the beginning of this operating system. This error was recognized by Microsoft and after a while it was modified, as we know it now.
System requirements What are the ideal capabilities that my PC should have to install Windows 8?
Like any operating system, Windows 8 occupies a physical place in hard drive storage. But this is not all, it is also necessary to have certain technical requirements for the program to work correctly.
For this reason, we will show you below what are the hardware requirements that you must have if you are thinking of installing Windows 8 on your computer:
Regarding the minimum requirements, you will have to think that the processor must work at a frequency of 1.5 to 2.7 GHz; while memory RAM it will have to be between 1 and 2 GB for one 32-bit or 64-bit architecture, respectively.
Also, you must have a Graphic card that is compatible with DirectX 9 and that it supports drivers of type WDDM 1.0. But this is not all, you will also need a hard disk space between 16 and 20 GB for 32 and 64 bits. Finally, the screen resolution should be 1024 x 768p to achieve an acceptable user experience.
To use the Windows 8 operating system and for it to work correctly (with all its functions and tools fully) it is necessary that you have a memory on your computer RAM of at least 4 GB. While the screen resolution is recommended to be 1366 x 768p and have DirectX 10 for video games, this way you will get a better experience.
But this is not all, if you want to use the Microsoft store you will need a registered account on this platform. You can also use it for some of the specific functions of this operating system. On the other hand, you will need a additional software for DVD playback and, if you are looking for a safe boot, you must have a driver compatible with the BIOS interface 2.3.1 Errata B.
Windows 8 Features What can we do from this operating system?
Among the most outstanding features found in Windows 8 we want to point out the following:
- We have already mentioned one before, although later in the Windows 8.1 version it was modified, and it is the elimination of the start menu. In this operating system This tool is called Metro UI or Start Screen, which can be started from the properties of the task bar.
- Allows you to use the same wallpaper as the desktop wallpaper that is applied to the home screen, while the window occupies the entire monitor, this being a great difference with respect to its predecessor and Windows 10 (in which the start menu is located on the left side of the monitor).
- The apps on the home screen they can be closed directly with an X located in the upper right part of the box or automatically after being inactive for a while. Also, the icons can have different sizes and shapes. You can change the colors of the startup screen using the PC Settings tool.
- Charm, this bar located on the right of the screen and has 5 commands (It supplies to some extent the conventional start menu along with the Start Screen). Which are, from top to bottom, Search, Share, Start, Devices and Settings Menu.
- Skydrive cloud storage is removed and in its place another Microsoft tool appears, OneDrive with which you can access files quickly.
- The lock screen supports notifications, thus protecting access to unauthorized persons. That is, in addition to the date and time that can be seen, it is also possible to know the alerts that the operating system sends.
- Windows 8’s native and default browser it is Internet Explorer version 10. Being in this way compatible with graphic design languages and the World Wide Web (CSS3 and HTML5, respectively).
- Another great modification that occurred in this version Windows is the gadget removal or small programs that were installed on the desktop. The same thing happened with Windows Media Center, which became a paid player.
- Windows Explorer has new tabs that allow you to use functions through a folder interface.
- When using a Microsoft account synchronization with all devices possible of the same user, that is, where you log in.
- From this version of Windows there is compatibility with the update 0 USB technology, which allows to transfer data in a much faster way.
Windows 8 Editions What are they and what are all that exist?
When Windows 8 was released, the company announced the following editions:
- Single Language: This version is directed to emerging countries in which it is not possible to change the language added by the manufacturer.
- Windows 8 Core: it is the standard feature edition of the operating system. It is intended to be used in the domestic environment.
- Windows 8 Pro: It is intended for professional use, so small businesses and people with advanced technology knowledge can get the most out of this edition.
- Pro With Media Center: as its name implies, it adds the Windows Media Center application to the Pro version to be able to watch movies anywhere.
- Enterprise: As with the previous version, this edition features the same tools as Windows 8 Pro, but adds features for technology development companies.
- Windows RISC Technology or RT: This version is pre-installed on devices that are based on ARM processors, so it can be used on mobiles. The Office office suite is pre-installed.
- Edition N: Windows 8 N versions allow the user to choose the type of player and add other operating system features to it. There are three editions called W8 N, Windows 8 Pro N, and Windows 8 Pro PackN.
Windows 8 vs Windows 10 Which is the best option for my PC?
While is true that the graphical environment introduced by Windows 8 has significantly changed the user experience in handling Microsoft operating systems, this has not finished convincing users for different reasons. Some of them we explained to you before, for example, the elimination of the start menu.
But if we take into account the support offered by the provider, It is logical that Windows 10 continue with the updates and that W8 will stop receiving the security patches soon. Further, the graphic quality offered by version 10 is much better than its predecessor, but for this you will need to have more technical resources on your computer. Thus, It is recommended that you install Windows 10 although this will depend on your tastes and needs.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉