Although, at present, Windows 10 is the operating system of Microsoft most used worldwide, certainly, other versions of it continue to give something to talk about and are mostly used by many people. One such version, refers to Windows 8 that, despite so much criticism, provides optimal benefits to its users.
Among these advantages, we find that, W8 is an operating system that provides remarkable efficiencyregardless of hardware performance. Further, supports a high level of customization and it has high compatibility with external devices. However, this SO it is not exempt from suffering certain breakdowns.
Thus, at times, it may reveal problems at startup and, as a consequence, it does not start. Therefore, in this post, we will let you know what are the main reasons for this and also, how can you solve this type of breakdown to get W8 to boot without any issues.
What are the main causes of Windows 8 not starting?
To begin, it is necessary to know specifically, what are the most common causes why a PC with Windows 8 does not start. Since, depending on the reason, you will be able to specify which is the most suitable way to repair this startup error.
Therefore, we proceed to mention the main reasons why an ideal boot is not obtained in this operating system:
While it is true, one of the most common reasons why a computer with W8 fails to start correctly, refers to certain system errors that prevent this natural operating system process from occurring as it should. Which, they are also known as “software bugs”.
In this sense, it is a problem present in a software system that, unfortunately, generates unwanted results such as preventing the OS from starting. Thus, they are characterized by causing decisive failures in the system and for deterring its regular functioning.
Given that, specifically, hardware consists of the pieces that make up computer equipment; hardware errors are defined as a fault present in any of these parts and / or the components that make it up. That is, in these cases, starting the operating system is impossible due to the particularities of the computer that the user is using.
So, as these types of problems are some of the most difficult to solve, Windows 8’s automatic reaction is to prevent it from starting. Since, in these conditions, the equipment will not be able to function correctly in general. However, through this fault, you will be able to discern that it is a hardware problem and with it, proceed to change the component that is necessary to recover the functioning of the PC.
OS out of date
If the operating system is lacking updates, it is also likely that Windows 8 do not start. Given the, this will prevent you from obtaining the necessary support to adopt value and utility, although the software can be eternal and does not wear out.
Thus, it is important to keep your Windows 8 computer up to date, so that it does not reveal any type of problem at the time of starting. Whereas, an outdated operating system is also has the ability to cause worse problems around device operation. Even up incomplete or failed installation of Microsoft Windows updates can cause the operating system Windows 8 crashes and as a result does not start.
Of course the presence of computer viruses is another of the main reasons why W8 or any operating system won’t boot. So that, If the PC is infected with any malicious software, this will prevent it from starting.
For its part, depending on the strength of the computer threat that is stalking your computer, the damage could be even greater. Since, in addition to paralyzing your normal startup, even, would make the team in question useless. Which, mainly, is caused by the lack of installation of a program that takes care of detect and remove any malware.
In case you didn’t know yet, the main purpose of the BIOS is to boot and test the system hardware, like load a bootloader or operating system. Therefore, when there is a problem in this element, automatically, will cause problems to start Windows 8 properly.
Consequently, if the Pc it stops working unexpectedly, it is left in the middle of the operating system load, or it just won’t start, you can intuit that it is a problem present in the BIOS. Which, at times, can be corrupt and with it, creates a situation where the used equipment refuses to boot. In this case, it is recommended, will reset BIOS defaults.
Learn step by step how to make Windows 8 boot smoothly
Once the most common causes for which W8 does not start correctly, it is time to know, in detail, which are the best solutions to which it is recommended to go so that this operating system can boot correctly.
Next, we proceed to explain each of them:
From Startup Repair
Also know as “Startup repair”, refers to a recovery tool designed by Windows to be able to solve certain incidents of the system that, generally, they prohibit the OS from starting normally. Taking into account that, this utility takes care of examining the computer for the error and attempts to correct it. Therefore, It is a suitable solution so that the computer with W8 can start correctly, once the tool in question is used.
Thus, we proceed to explain each step to follow to solve the startup problem from Windows Repair:
- First of all, to enter the Recovery environment from system image Windows 8, you have to force shutdown the operating system three times during this phase or before starting.
- Then when it’s started again W8, you can view the screen of Recovery and there, you have to click on “Troubleshoot”.
- Then click on “Advanced Options” and then click “Startup Repair”.
- To conclude, just select the current user account and enter your password, in order to click “Continue”.
With a CD or USB
To use this solution, you must have a Installation CD for W8, a bootable disc of the same or a USB boot of that operating system.
So, once you have a CD or USB with which to start your PC, you must carry out the following steps:
- Initially, proceed to boot the PC with the Windows 8 CD or USB.
- If you have used a CD then you have to press any key to start it.
- In case you used a USB from Windows 8, you have to press a key if they give you a message telling you to do so. On the contrary, just wait a few seconds to look at the language options window.
- Next, select the language of your preference in the mentioned window, as well as the format. For thus, click on “Next”.
- Now, in the new window that they show you, choose the option “Repair the computer”. Which is located at the bottom left.
- In conclusion, follow the link in order to try the automatic repair option and thus, you will recover the functioning of your PC.
Before specifying the procedure to carry out to restore your computer with Windows 8 to an earlier point in time, it should be noted that this action can undo any recent changes that you have carried out in the operating system, but also will be able to remove any malware that has recently infected your computer.
Therefore, we will teach you how to restore the system without affecting the hosted files:
- To get started, move the mouse cursor to the upper right corner or swipe in from the right side of the screen. So, proceed to click on “Settings”.
- After that, select the option that indicates “Change PC settings” and at this point, click or tap on “Update and recover”.
- Now, it’s time to choose the option that says “Recovery” and from there, click the “Start” button found in section “Restore your PC without affecting your files”.
- After that, proceeds to review and check what will be saved on the PC, as well as what will be deleted. In this case, personal files will be kept safe, applications installed from the Windows Store they will be reinstalled, but those that have been installed from a disk will not.
- Then, click or press “Next” and insert the Windows 8 installation disc, if required. The latter will depend on how this operating system has been installed on your PC.
- Done the above, click on “Update” and in that way, the PC will automatically reboot and start the system restore process. So, It only remains to wait for W8 to be restored to access your user account and hope that Windows configuration is finished.
Doing Hard Reset
Although it is not very common, sometimes like when W8 does not start, it is likely that users need to restore their operating system to the starting point, that is, to factory settings. For which, it is required to carry out a hard reset which basically consists of deleting and reinstalling the operating system.
In this case, the steps to execute are:
- If you use a mouse on your computer, move the cursor to the upper right corner of the desktop And if you use a touch device, you have to swipe in from the right side of the screen.
- Done that, select “Settings”.
- Now, click or tap on “Change PC settings” and after that, choose the option “Update and recover”.
- Then you have to select “Recovery” and click or press “Start” (It is located at the bottom of “Remove everything and reinstall Windows”).
- Later, click or press “Next” and choose the method of cleaning the unit you want.
- To make hard reset, we recommend you select “Clean entire unit”.
- After, click or tap on “Reset” and so the computer will reboot and begin to reset. In this case, the process will take several hours to make sure to erase all your data, safely.
- To end, if prompted, you have to insert a Windows 8 installation or recovery disc. In this case, it is advisable to use the recovery disc from your computer manufacturer or the installation CD of W8.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉