Updates in the Windows 8 operating system, and in any other, they are very important to keep private data and the computer protected. For this reason, it is convenient to always check that there are patches to lower and improve bugs.
In Windows 8 you can find the latest available version of the OS in Windows Update, but you cannot always see the updates. To solve this problem, we have prepared the following article for you.
In the following paragraphs you can find the reasons why Windows update not finding W8 updates and the steps you must follow to solve it.
Why can’t Windows Update find Windows 8 updates?
There are different reasons for which you cannot find updates on your Windows 8 computer. The first and most common reason is that there are no updates pending so there is nothing to download. Keep in mind that the patches are uploaded by Microsoft only when vulnerabilities in the OS. Antivirus can also cause updates to go undetected by the operating system.
For this you will have to temporarily disable the antivirus and restart your computer to see if the problem has been solved. Another reason for which an update cannot be received is that Windows Update is not working properly. This can be verified using the Diagnostic and Reset Components tool in Windows Update.
The steps you will have to do are:
- Go to Start and then write Run to enter the console.
- Write the command net stop bits.
- And later net stop wuauserv to stop service Windows update.
Next, you will have to delete the qmgr * .dat files for this you will have to enter:
Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%Application DataMicrosoftNetworkDownloaderqmgr*.dat"
If you continue with the problem, you should write:
To finish changing the name of the folders you will have to do:
Ren %systemroot%SoftwareDistributionDataStore *.bak
Ren %systemroot%SoftwareDistributionDownload *.bak
Ren %systemroot%system32catroot2 *.bak
Reset the BITS by typing the commands:
exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
Register the BITS again by copying these commands:
Restart WinSock with the following action to finish the Windows Update repair:
netsh winsock reset
Learn step by step how to eliminate Windows Update infinite loop error in Windows 8
When you need to eliminate the Windows Update error in infinite loop you will have to do the following steps:
- Go with your browser to the official page of the Microsoft support. To do this you will have to write “https://support.microsoft.com/es-es” in the address bar.
- Write the update in the search bar KB3173424 and download it, then do the same with the KB3172614. The first version is downloaded to be able to use the second, since this is in charge of delivering the most recent version that exists (at the time of downloading) of the Windows Update client. “https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/kb/3173424” “https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/kb/3172614”
- Disconnect your internet connection completely.
- Then, you will have to go with the mouse pointer to the bottom left on the screen until the menu appears.
- Go to option Setting.
- Select the tool Change PC settings.
- Click on Update and recover.
- Choose Windows update and disable this tool. This is done so that the service Windows update do not try to connect to servers Microsoft during the process.
- After these previous steps you will have to install the updates that you previously downloaded to fix the Windows Update problem.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉