Wondershare has been for some years one of the most important brands in the software development sector. You may know its publisher, Filmora, who has become very popular with audiovisual producers, especially those who have projects on YouTube, but the company goes much further.
This online tool has to its credit an interesting catalog of products that have no waste. One of the best reviews currently receiving is UniConverter, a program that allows you to perform all kinds of file format conversions, with other tools and extra functions that greatly enhance it.
If you want to know more about this program and if it is worth installing it on your Windows or MacOS, continue with us and enjoy this analysis of the Wondershare UniConverter program, so that you can draw your own conclusions.
Is about a video converter, editor and downloader that allows us to convert audiovisuals from almost all formats to audio, keeping the quality of the audio to the maximum possible, as well as downloading an audiovisual just by having the link to it, and later being able to edit it if we wish.
The program is available for both Windows and MacOS, as well as it must be said that it has both a paid version and a free one. This last, as has become customary for developers, it offers many freedoms to users, making the gap between the standard and the Premium version not so wide.
Wondershare has provided its software with an interface with which you will feel familiar, especially if you have used any of its other programs in the past, since the distribution of the elements and the design are quite similar, with the only difference being the color. Further, the large number of tools that we can use in it make it one of the most complete options on the market.
Although conversion is the main purpose of this program, we must say that it is much more than a simple converter, since it allows us to perform other tasks without many problems.
Below you will learn about all the software functions and what you can do with them:
To what has been said, the video converter It is the main element of this program and it shows because it is also the most complete. From it we can convert more than 1000 video formats, which we can move to audio formats, as well as an image converter.
The power of this function is not in question as the results are of quality, although even in the latter you will have the final decision because when making a conversion you will be able to determine how high you want it to be, being able to obtain a lower level result by your own choice, which has the advantage of being lighter files.
Among the more than 1000 formats that this program supports, we can find those that you will see in the following table:
Type of file
MP3, WAV, M4A, M4B
MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, FLV …
JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF and GIF
The program’s editor is very easy to use, and it provides us with different tools that if we use it with imagination, we can make the most of it to create high-level audiovisuals. This is very valuable since the intention of this is not precisely to allow us to create professional shorts but be a complement with which we can retouch the videos that we convert or download.
Taking this into account, we can say that the editor perfectly fulfills its main purpose. However, from the outset we tell you that if you want to create audiovisuals of a more professional level, look for another program since it lacks more complex and powerful tools, which we would find in software specially developed to edit videos and obtain high-flying results.
With this editor we can count, paste and move any scene or fragment of the video that we are editing. In addition to this, it allows us to add effects and filters to the image. Yes, if you are using the free version, your videos will be rendered with a watermark, problem that you won’t have if you pay for the premium license.
After the converter, the download function is the most helpful in this program. It is quite simple so we will not go into much detail explaining it. With it we can download a video from any page as long as we have the direct link to said video.
The downloader gives us the freedom to choose how high the quality of the video we are downloading will be, being able to set both the image and audio level, as well as the format, which greatly influences the final weight of the audiovisual we download. The paid version even allows us to download thumbnails and subtitles.
Burn to DVD
The third most powerful function of the program is to record the videos that we convert, download or edit on a DVD disc. This option is enhanced by the possibility of editing the videos before proceeding to record them., which allows us to cut and paste fragments of the video, as well as add filters to the image to give it a different tonality.
The speed with which this program is going to perform will depend directly on the hardware we have, but in general lines it is quite fast in this sense, although this is a parameter that we can establish when deciding how fast the data is recorded.
The option of “To transfer” it’s pretty basic. What allows us to link to a smart device to send us files and later edit them in UniConverter.
In general, this is what it does this tool and the devices it supports are as follows:
- IOS devices.
- Android devices.
- Physical storage disks.
The toolbox is a section where you will find an interesting range of extra functions that although they are not the most powerful, they complement perfectly with all the others that we just mentioned, making things much easier and considerably improving our results.
Among all the tools that we can find here are:
- GIF Maker: allows us to create an animated .GIF image from a video that we have previously converted or downloaded.
- Image converter: this is the secondary converter of the program, which is intended to work with images.
- Screen recorder: this tool allows us to record the screen of our computer, and the video that we will obtain as a result will be of good quality, this being one of the most powerful secondary options of the software.
- Metadata Repair: If we have a video that we cannot play because its metadata is damaged, with this tool we can repair it automatically by simply dragging it to the software interface.
- Video compressor: as its name implies, it allows us to compress video files to make them less heavy and take up less storage space.
- Cast to TV: allows us to transmit our videos so that they can be viewed on the SmartTV or any television with a TV Box device.
- VR Converter: with it we can convert normal videos to virtual reality (VR) format, obtaining satisfactory results.
- CD recorder: As with the DVD recorder, in this function we can do the same but with our audios, to have them immortalized on a CD.
- CD ripper: this will allow us to extract files saved on a read-only CD.
How does UniConverter work? Learn to use the tool step by step
Now that you know everything about this tool, it is time for us to give you a short tutorial on how to use its main functions. We simplify it to the maximum so that you understand it in the best way, since the reality is that it is a very easy to use program.
Here we show you the basic functions of the tool:
To perform a conversion we do not need to be experts in quantum physics. Just follow these steps that we expose you below:
- Enter the program and position yourself in the section “Turn into” and once there enter “Converting”.
- Then click on “Add files”, which will open a file browser for you to upload the video you want to convert. This can also be saved if you simply drag the audiovisual to the interface of the aforementioned sections.
- Next to the video you will find a triangle pointing downwards that when you click, it releases a drop-down list where all the conversion parameters are.
- At this point you must choose both the format to which you want the files to be converted, as well as the quality of the audio. Once you have everything established, you just have to click on “Turn into” and wait for the process to run.
Downloading a video in this program is one of the simplest things you can do in it. The steps to follow are those:
- Enter the section “To download” from the program and then click “Paste URL”.
- Paste the address or link of the video you want to download and wait.
- Now you will see a window with all the parameters that you can set such as image and audio quality, thumbnail download and subtitles.
- When you have everything ready just click “To download” and you will only have to wait for the video to be completely downloaded.
Burn to DVD
Finally, we are going to explain to you how to record a video on a DVD. This process will seem familiar if you have used similar programs in the past. The steps you must follow are the following:
- Enter the software and position yourself on the option “Record”.
- Now you must click on “Add files” to browse the videos among the files on your computer.
- Now you must select the option “Load DVD” or “Load DVD” to give this format to the recording. Once this loads, you can select your DVD menu template.
- Once all the parameters are set, just click “Burn” at the bottom of the interface and insert the DVD disc you want to record. Now you just have to wait for the process to finish.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉