If you want to fully enjoy the content it offers Youtube you will have to know what his Home, what it is for and how are the videos in her. This will help you become an expert user of the streaming platform.
For this reason, we will show you in this article all the information related to the YouTube main page and we will explain each of the sections that the Home.
By last, you will know how the YouTube algorithm works to choose the videos that are shown every time you enter the platform. Don’t miss out on anything.
What is the YouTube Home and what is this section of the platform for?
The YouTube Home is the main page of the platform to which the user accesses, by default, each time enter YT. In this way, you can enjoy the different sections that make it up just by clicking on them.
What are all the sections of YouTube Home?
The sections that make up the YouTube Home are the following:
- Search bar: This function allows users of the platform to quickly find videos that are related to the keywords that they enter.
- Principal: you will be able to find recommended videos according to your tastes and preferences detected by the algorithm of Youtube. You’ll also find breaking news and a featured playlist from the platform.
- Trends: In this section you will be able to see the videos that are most searched for and watched the moment you access Youtube. You will have the option to save them in Watch Later.
- Subscriptions: YouTube gives you the ability to subscribe to other people’s channels. Every time these users upload content, you can find it in this section.
- Library: Every time you want to watch your videos, access the Watch Later function or go to the search and play history, you will have to enter this section.
- See later: Another way you have to access the videos you saved is to enter directly through this tool. You can do the same with the history of searches and reproductions.
- More from YouTube: In this section you will find different functions that the platform offers. You will find the tool to subscribe to YouTube Premium, watch movies of Youtube, enter videogames, watch live broadcasts and learn about channels that teach different subjects.
- Setting: when you need to modify different parameters of your account, you will have to enter this section. For example, you can configure notifications, video playback and performance, your privacy, associated accounts, watching TV, billing and payments, and user and channel IDs.
- Create a video or post: Every time you need to upload a video to your channel, you will have to use this tool to configure the content and schedule its publication.
How are the videos shown on the YouTube home page chosen?
YouTube uses its algorithm to choose the videos that will be shown on the Home according to the interests and history of the user on the platform. Sorts them based on the level of interaction that have the contents and the total time that they were reproduced since they were uploaded.
In turn, it combines who are the people who watch the video, the session time (or the number of minutes the user spends on the platform) and opinions about the amount of I like that has. Finally, combine the description with the category and with the trends current.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉