Communication with a user through chat is immediate. If it is connected, you can reply to messages just by clicking on the conversation and maintain a permanent interaction without any type of limits, except having a stable internet connection.
Microsoft has evolved, over the years, your chat system. In its time it was a novelty Messenger Live, giving way to new possibilities of interaction that have not been left behind with the appearance of social networks, but rather they have been complemented with Skype and the function of having live conversations through Outlook.
If you are a user of this platform, We tell you that you can have conversations from the email application in a simple and practical way. On the other hand, we show you how to solve the most frequent problems when using this chat.
Learn how to enable and disable chat in your Outlook account
Natively, the chat is included in Outlook, but to use it you must do it from its web version. In the top bar, marked in blue, the icon of Skype and it will be through this that you can start a new conversation. To be able to use the chat you need to have the contacts added in Outlook. As your list grows, the greater the chances you will have to communicate. In the chat you can also see the most recent messages that have arrived.
Learn how to use Skype chat in Outlook
The way of use the chat feature in Skype It is very simple. It is very similar to any of the instant messaging applications And if you want to keep the conversations without leaving the email account, write down the data that we show you below.
Let’s see next:
Start a chat conversation
As we indicated above, the icon you are going to look for is the Skype icon, which appears in the top bar of your inbox, noted for having the letter “S” with the brand logo.
Once you find it, click on it and then:
- In the unfolding window, select on the right side “New chat”.
- The list of all contacts opens what do you have in Outlook and you select the one you want to talk to.
- Press on “Create” and a chat screen will open.
- On the bottom, there is a window in which you must write the message and press the button “Send” to start chatting.
View received instant messages
All the contacts with whom you start a chat or that they send you messages, will be reflected in the history, but not in the inbox of the email account.
To read and answer you must look at these details:
- Go to the Skype icon in your Outlook inbox.
- Once you press, all the messages you have received or sent will appear.
- You can set the order in which you want them to be shown in the section “Recent”.
- Select the chat you want to review and you will see the information.
Enable or disable notifications
The application can notify you every time you receive a message through an alert that will be visible in your browser.
If you want to remove this function and later activate it again, you will need to do this:
- In the chat, select the conversation from which you want to disable the notification.
- click with the right mouse button and it appears “Disable notifications.”
- By pressing, you will stop receiving alerts when the contact writes to you.
- If you want to activate notifications later, right-click on the conversation again and select “Enable notifications”.
Delete a conversation
When the content of the conversation is of no importance or was a confidential matter of which you do not want to leave any trace in the browser, deleting the chat will be enough to make it disappear.
To clear the dialog, just do this:
- Search the conversation you want to delete in chat.
- Right click mouse over the contact.
- Choose “Delete conversation”.
- A warning appears confirmation asking “Are you sure you want to delete this chat?” –
- Press on “Remove” and the chat will be deleted.
I can’t activate Outlook chat. How to fix it?
However, It happens in some cases that the chat option does not appear or it can be seen but when you click on it you cannot activate it.
There are two things you can do to solve this problem and here we leave them for you:
Clear browser cache
All the pages you visit or applications you install in the web browser They leave a storage that includes basic elements of the work carried out. To improve performance or allow Outlook chat to work better, clearing your cache is a good option.
You can do it with this route:
- Use this shortcut with the browser: “Ctrl”, “Shift” and “Del” if you are using Windows.
- If it’s Mac, select this on your keyboard: “⌘”, “Uppercase” and “Delete”.
- In Mozilla and Chrome, enter the shortcut above and it appears “Clear recent history” and in the next window mark “Everything”, selecting “Cache”.
The chat could also be hidden for being in conflict with other applications that have been linked with Outlook. Some of them may be social networks that you will have to unlink.
The way to do it is as follows:
- Once you log in in Outlook, scroll down to the lower right corner.
- There a notice is displayed which indicates “Connected to” where are the accounts with which you are linked.
- Right click mouse and you will see the option “Remove this connection completely.”
- A window opens in which you must mark “Remove”.
- After marking it, click on “Keep”.
- Now, enter the chat again and you will see that you can enter without any inconvenience, being able to carry out the actions you want.
All these tricks allow get the most out of your Outlook accountThese are functions that, although they exist in the application, are not used due to ignorance, but there is no doubt that they help to improve productivity and maximize time.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉