The email forwarding via Gmail is the operation by which you can send an email to an address other than the one where you receive the information, this option is used to share important data with other contacts or when we manage multiple messaging accounts.
Now, to perform this procedure it is necessary to know all the specific steps so that this can be carried out, also redirect Gmail emails automatically, it can mean a Saving time if you send a lot of emails to different addresses.
In the next article, we are going to show you what you need to keep in mind for automatic email forwarding, the steps to activate this option, as well as the tips to run this tool applying it to several accounts, between different messaging platforms and with certain types of messages.
What to keep in mind before activating automatic forwarding of Gmail emails?
Before activating this option in Gmail mail, It is important to take into account certain factors that help this to work correctlyIn this sense, we are going to teach you certain tips that you should know before fully getting involved in the procedure that we are going to show you.
These recommendations are very important to take into consideration, since if you do not take any of them into account, you can present certain problems in their execution:
- Make sure that the filter that the spam has can classify Gmail emails in the right way.
- It is not recommended to change the sender to forward the emails, as it will automatically the platform will recognize the emails as spam, and this could affect other messages that you also want to forward.
- You should not change the headers of the emails nor the body of the messages, this will cause problems with the authentication.
- Several domains of e-commerce or payment pages, have suffered problems of identity forgery, for this reason Gmail is strict if emails from these companies are involved, so there are many possibilities that the platform modifies these types of messages, and flag them as spoofing.
- In case of this case, Gmail will take care of an authentication test in which it will tell you if the messages passed the test or not.
- By last, check the forwarding settings, this way you make sure that the email does not qualify as spam.
- Always try to include the recipient’s address from the Gmail settingsThis will prevent a message from reaching you warning of an identity theft.
Learn step by step how to activate and use automatic forwarding of email messages in Gmail
Well, now we are going to delve fully into this topic and learn about how to activate Gmail automatic forwarding, you must execute these steps in the correct way so that you can achieve the corresponding shipments.
Pay attention to our instructions and the various ways you should do it:
Enable or disable automatic forwarding
The automatic forwarding of emails using Gmail It offers many advantages, the main one is saving time and, on the other hand, it also allows you to answer several emails to different accounts.
- To get started, You must log in with the corresponding username and password.
- Already in the inbox, go to the top right on the gear-shaped button that means “Settings“, click.
- There a small menu will be displayed, where you must press the tab “See all settings”.
- This will take you to the configuration page where you will see several tabs, select “Forwarding and POP / IMAP mail”.
- In the section “Forwarding“, You will see a tab called”Add a forwarding address”You click on this where a pop-up window will be displayed, it indicates that you must insert the email address that you are going to use, then press “Following” Y “Continue”.
- A verification message will automatically be sent to the indicated email address, this includes a link, you must copy this code and paste it in the configuration page of the sender email.
- Go back to the Gmail configuration page of the mail where you will forward the messages in the tab “Forwarding and POP / IMAP mail”To update the browser.
- In the section of “Forwarding“, You must choose the option”Forward a copy of incoming emails to“, Entering the recipient’s email, and a tab with several alternatives where you must choose”Keep the copy of Gmail in inbox”.
- Next, go to the bottom of the page and press “Save Changes”.
- Done, this way activation for automatic Gmail forwarding will have been configured.
- Go to the same settings section.
- Then choose the tab “Forwarding and POP / IMAP mail”.
- Locate yourself in the section “Forwarding” and click on the option “Disable forwarding”.
- Go to the bottom, press “Save Changes”And voila, the forwarding of messages from your Gmail account will have been deactivated.
Forward only certain types of messages
This option is used for specific messages, which receive special treatment, either for the type of origin, size, or quality of the information that the email contains.
To activate this alternative we must execute these steps:
- On the configuration page, click on the tab “Forwarding and POP / IMAP mail”.
- In the option “Forwarding“Go to the link”Create a filter“, It is found in the suggestion note:”You just want to forward some of your messages”, Click on the link and there you proceed to create the corresponding filter.
- In the pop-up window that will appear at the top, you have to insert your email, the mail addressee, and other data you need to include.
- After completing this information, you press the button “Create filter”And thus the configured option will be left.
Forward messages to multiple accounts
The messages can only be automatically forwarded to a single account of mailTrying to include multiple accounts to perform this operation will be very difficult to do. Now, what you can do is create filters that forward the emails to different accounts.
This is done in a simple way as we will see below:
- Open your Gmail account and go to the search bar.
- Then in the search bar press the button in the form of arrows that is on the right side.
- Then a pop-up window will be displayed where you should include your email.
- Go to the bottom of the window and press “Create filter”.
- Subsequently, a menu with various options will be displayed, there you must click on “Forward it to: ” and you will be able to choose between the emails that you have added in the configuration.
- Finally, press “Create Filter“And that’s how you will apply this procedure.
Forward messages from another email platform to Gmail
In this globalized world, it is more than likely that let’s use accounts from various email messaging services. It may be the case that we have Old or important messages in the Outlook tray, for example, and we want to have that information in our Gmail. That is why it must be configured so that the forwarding option from another platform to Gmail is effective.
The steps to follow are those:
- Press “Mail” and then the option “Shipment”.
- Subsequently, the alternative “Start forwarding”And there you must enter the Gmail email to which you want the information to be redirected.
- Finally, click on the “Keep“And that’s it, so you will have configured the forwarding of messages from another platform until Gmail.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉