Spelling is a necessary quality, but more than 80% need help to write without errors. Therefore, when writing an email, what we take most care of is the orthography, especially if it is a message sent for work reasons.
Fortunately, platforms are increasingly aware of this and provide us with tools. This is the case of Gmail, which allows you to use an automatic checker to take maximum care of the spelling of each word we send in our messages.
In this article we are going to teach you how to activate and use this functionality so useful that it will allow you to give a better impression when sending any type of mail by Gmail.
What kinds of errors does the Google Gmail autocorrect detect and correct in my messages?
The Gmail spell checker is one of the most complete that we can find among all email platforms, since detects a huge amount of stress and spelling errors. However, we must bear in mind that this is the only thing it can do, because in essence it is developed only for that function.
This is important to clarify because you may be disappointed when you notice that the proofreader did not detect grammatical errors, and this happens because it is not developed for it. Spelling understands the way words are spelled, and is limited to just this. If we want something that corrects us sentences, then we are looking for a grammar checker, which we can also activate without problem because Gmail It also has this function.
Learn step by step how to activate the Gmail auto-checker in all your messages so that there are no spelling errors
The Gmail spell checker it is very easy to use as long as we are writing from our computer, since in the mobile we will limit ourselves to using the simple auto-correcting of the keyboard of our mobile.
Making this point clear, we tell you that the steps to follow are the following:
- Go to your google account Y open your Gmail inbox.
- Go to the upper right corner of the screen and click on “Setting” (gear button) “See all settings”.
- In section “General” Look for the option “Orthography” and brand “Activate spelling suggestions”.
- Now Save the changes and that’s it the function will already be enabled 100%.
Another way to do this is using the Gmail spell checker which is very easy to use.
What you should do is the following:
- In your inbox click “Write” to write a new message.
- When you have written all the content of the email and chosen the recipient, click on the three dots in the bottom corner right of the text box.
- Now you just have to select the option “Check Spelling”.
- Gmail will highlight all spelling and typing errors that may contain the message and you just have to click on them to see the corrector’s suggestion and fix the error.
We show you how to activate the Gmail grammar checker so that your messages are perfectly written
To what has been said, if what you are looking for is a grammar checker, Gmail also has one of them.
Here we show you how to activate it to considerably improve the quality of your messages:
- Go to your account Google Y open your Gmail inbox.
- Go to the upper right corner of the screen and click on “Setting” (gear button).
- In section “General” Look for the option “Grammar” and brand “Activate grammar suggestions.”
- Now Save the changes and that’s it the function will be ready enabled in your account.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉