In less than a decade, League of Legends has become one of the online games with the most users in the world, being without a doubt the best-known MOBA. This is due to a combination of good characters and extremely nice graphics. They can also be run on computers with few resources so that anyone can enjoy it.
Being such a well-known video game, Riot developers, creator of League of Legends, have created versions of it for different languages, or rather, various language packs for each country or region in which there are players. However, these are set based on the location of the player and the server they select to compete with others globally.
So there is no button in the client settings to put the game in another language, but this does not mean that it cannot be done. In this article we are going to show you how to change the language of your League of Legends client so that you can establish the one you like the most without any problem, in an easy and simple way to do.
Trick to change and set the language of League of Legend to Spanish or any other language
This trick that we are going to teach you is out of the manuals, but it will allow you to change the language easily without many problems.
What you should do is follow the steps that we explain below:
- Right click on the game’s shortcut icon on your desktop, and then left click on the option “Properties”.
- Once the configurable options window opens, what you should do is click on the option “Open location”, which will make you go to the folder where the game is saved.
- Once inside you must look for the folder “Config”, which is generally the first of all those that come out. You can also enter this by following the route C: Riot Games League of Legends Config from your PC.
- When you open the folder you will see a series of files that are related to the game’s settings, you must locate the one called “LeagueClientSettings ” which is the one that corresponds to the client settings that you run in order to play.
- When you open it you will see a large number of codes that you cannot touch or you would completely deconfigure the client. You simply must look for the one that says “Locale”. You will notice that next to it there is the expression “es_ES” which indicates that the client is in Spanish.
- What you have to do is simply change the language code that is in quotes to change the language of the client. To make the change drastic, we will put “ja_JP” for the client to switch to Japanese.
- Now you just have to click on “File”> “Save” for this small change to be applied.
Once you close the text document you must open the Lol client, which will make as if it were updating, but this simply means that you are downloading the new language pack so they can change the words in text and the voices of the characters.
If you want to change the language to something other than Japanese, then we leave you a list with all the available languages currently for you to apply the one you want:
- English, en_US
- Português, pt_BR
- Türkçe, tr_TR
- English, en_GB
- Deutsch, de_DE
- Spanish, es_ES
- Français, fr_FR
- Italian, it_IT
- Čeština, cs_CZ
- Ελληνικά, el_GR
- Magyar, hu_HU
- Polski, pl_PL
- Română, ro_RO
- Русский, ru_RU
- Spanish, es_MX
- English, en_AU
- 日本語, ja_JP
These are all the languages your client can switch to just by putting the code corresponding to it in the quotation marks that appear next to the section “Locale”.
Why change the language of the League of Legends client?
The truth is that changing the language of the game client is something that does not generate any changes in the game. The decision is according to your tastes since with these changes the dubbing of the voices of the characters is modified. For example, in Japanese the original dubbing is heard since the first version of Lol came out in Japan, and many like the quality of this dubbing over Spanish or English.
In fact, when the game came out globally, the client’s only language was Japanese, so older players are fully identified with this language as it is with which they got used to. It’s like all your life you enjoyed the Dragon Ball Z in Spanish from Spain and you come across the version in Catalan or Latin Spanish, without a doubt you will feel a bit of repulsion for the new dubbing because you already got used to the one in your region.
So if you want to change the client’s language it is your decision and this will not affect the game mechanics or the graphics, so basically it will be the same, but with other voices and little else.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉