Currently most of the multimedia content that is viewed daily is done through our personal mobile devices, either through a tablet or a Smartphone. Today, modern televisions have also made unstoppable progress when it comes to adding multimedia content and adapting it to the new technologies.
It is very important that there is a union that allows creating the possibilities of sharing content through our tablet or Smartphone to a modern television. Also, this is something that can be done in different ways. Connecting a tablet to a TV is much easier than you imagine, here we will teach you several tricks so that you can play all the audiovisual content of your device on television. This is ideal to see the drawings of the App or Youtube videos.
Although these devices have become one of the most powerful tools for playback of photos and videos, To surf the Internet and access an infinity of websites, its small screens are sometimes a problem to be able to enjoy these benefits that it offers in maximum audiovisual quality. Hence, it is very interesting to know what are the different ways to connect your tablet to television in a very simple and fast way.
Steps to connect an Android tablet to your TV
Smart TVs currently have made it much easier to connect the tablet to our televisions, something that was unthinkable 10 years ago, when these TVs did not have the necessary technology to carry out something like this.
It should be remembered that the first connections that existed between both devices were through the use of the cables that transmit the video signal such as HDMI among others.
However, currently technology has been advancing and thanks to new technological implementations the different methods have been improved to be able to carry out the connection between both devices.
This is something that we can do quickly and easily today, which is why we are going to show you which are the best methods to connect your Android tablet to your TV.
If you have a tablet you sure like to see different audiovisual content in it as series and movies and why not watch them in a much more comfortable way. As well as being able to enjoy images and videos taken with it or that have been received through an application or email and that is one of the great advantages of these devices is the connectivity they offer, which allows you to enjoy all the activities already mentioned through a larger screen, such as a TV.
To connect your device to the TV screen and start enjoying it on a bigger screen you just have to follow the following steps:
- First of all, you must check that the television has at least one input HDMI, although generally all televisions for a few years now have one. As for the tablet, most of them have an output of micro USB and in some cases with an output of USB type C.
- It is important that the device is compatible with the MHL protocol, which is a standard by which the audio and video signal can be sent to the television.
- After you have checked all this, it is really simple and fast to connect both devices via the USB to HDMI cable. We must make sure that the USB cable is well connected in both parts so that the image and the audio are sent correctly.
- Another option is to connect an adapter that have one part of micro USB and the other is HDMI, which we will later connect to the television using the HDMI cable.
These two options allow you to enjoy a good image and video resolution from 480i to 1080p.
If you have a Smart tv state-of-the-art technology and a tablet, the applications of both devices will make a link so that they can be synchronized and thus enjoy all the content on the big screen.
If the Smart TV is on the same Wi-Fi network as your tablet, it will not be necessary to configure or install anything. Here we explain how to do this just by pressing a button.
- In the menu of your television you must press the Source button or in this case the one with the arrow and square symbol, also select the option of the wireless display
- Then you must activate the multi-screen option on your tablet. Once you are in the option, your terminal will start looking for the devices that are connected to it. Wi-Fi network Through this function, once the devices appear, you must select the TV connected to the network.
- Once both devices are connected, what is on your tablet will appear on your TV screen.
Using an HDMI cable
This is one of the most common ways of transmitting the multimedia content from our devices to a TV just by using a HDMI or micro HDMI cable. Here we show you what are the steps to achieve it.
- To begin, you must connect the larger end to the TV precisely in the part that indicates HDMI. Which is going to be right at the back of the TV screen.
- Then we connect the smaller end to the tablet.
- Once both devices are connected, the TV should be turned on. we take control and press the key Source.
- Now a menu of options will appear, there we must select HDMI.
- Once all this is done, it only remains to turn on the tablet. The same thing that we will see on the tablet screen must be appearing in the tv screen. If this is the case, all the work is done.
- If we want to get our television back, we just have to press the Source button and select TV.
No HDMI cable (Miracast)
This is one of the most modern options to be able to connect the tablet or a Smartphone to television wirelessly. However, this technology can only be used if you have a tablet with Android 4.2 or higher.
This technology is currently known as Miracast. To carry out this you just have to follow the following steps:
- To start you will need a wireless HDMI adapter which will connect to the HDMI output and one of the USB ports on the TV.
- This adapter will allow you to send through Wi-Fi Direct the screen of your device to the TV in real time.
- Once the HDMI adapter is connected, you can start enjoying the audio and video content on the big screen.
For this to work we just have to take into account that the technology is only compatible with devices Android 4.2 or higher and compatible TVs. In this way you can wirelessly transmit the content of audio and video with excellent quality.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉