Pay attention to all the details that we will show you for create an Outlook account without using a phone number. Thanks to these tricks you will keep your private data safe.
We will tell you what is your phone number for in Outlook and how you can create an account without entering this information requested by the mail program.
In case you want add your phone number after opening your account in Outlook, you will need the step by step that we will give you to avoid making mistakes and get the most out of the email provider. Let’s get started.
What is my phone number for in Outlook?
When you are going to open an account in Outlook, Microsoft will ask you for a series of information, including a username, date of birth and an access password. This does not mean that your account is secure, since you have not provided any email or phone number so far to access your account in case you forget your email password.
Therefore, It is important to associate a trusted device with your user to maintain the privacy of your account. This is why Outlook asks for a phone number to send you an unlock code every time you forget your access password. In addition, with this identification system, you will not need to re-enter your data, or any other information, when you frequently use the device and have two-step verification enabled or use Microsoft Authenticator.
Learn how to create an Outlook account without a phone number
We will show you below how to create an Outlook account without phone number. This method will will serve to keep your privacy protected, to access without problems in case of changing the telephone number, losing your mobile or when you are abroad and do not have access to the local line of your country.
It is valuable that you consider that, if you forget the password and did not register your number, You may have complications in the future accessing Microsoft email because you will not be able to quickly use the phone verification method.
The process that you will have to do to obtain your Outlook account without informing Microsoft of your phone is:
- The first thing you should do is enter your trusted browser and type in the address bar the URL
- Then press the button Create free account.
- The new window you will have to choose an account ID, which will be accompanied by the extension @ outlook.com and when you finish press on Next. Keep in mind that, if you choose a username that already exists, the warning that there is already another person who uses that email address will appear. You can change manually or choose a box suggested by Outlook.
- In the form Create a password, you will have to choose a password to access and then press on Next.
- In this step you must enter a name and surname that will appear as the sender of your emails. Choose again Next when you finish.
- Choose your date of birth and country or region.
- Tea a puzzle will appear to prove that you are not a robot, so you must choose Next after overcoming the challenge.
- Finally, it will ask you if you want to keep the session logged in, so you will have to press on Yes.
With these steps you will now be able to enjoy all your Outlook mail without having to provide your phone number.
How do I add my phone number after opening my Outlook account?
If you wish add a trusted device after opening your Outlook email account, you can use your phone number to restore the login without complications. You can do this without inconvenience, even if you have already opened your Microsoft email username.
Therefore, we will show you below the step by step that you have to do:
- Once enter Outlook mail you will have to go to the upper right corner.
- Later you must click on the profile photo to access your user’s account manager.
- Then select the option My profile.
- When you are in the new menu, scroll the screen until you find the field Information account.
- Click the button Edit account information.
- Enter the password access.
- A new window will appear called Help us protect your account, in which you will have to move the arrow of the field What security information do you want to add?
- Choose the option A phone number.
- Select country and then your phone number.
- When you finish press Next and wait a few seconds until you receive a message that will be used to verify the information you have just offered.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉