When entering the world of telecommuting, the ability to transfer information is one of the most important points to consider, and when dealing with clients, it is essential to keep your contact list safe and always within reach.
For this purpose, Outlook offers the possibility of exporting the contact list to mobile devices through the application, or even other email services.
In order to get the most out of this function, we will teach you the required procedures step by step to export and import the information of your Outlook contacts through any of the devices you have on hand.
Learn how to export contacts from your Outlook account
Apply this function in your Outlook email account does not require complex procedures, since it is easily accessible from the web portal, as well as from the mobile application for any operating system.
Only possible export Outlook contacts to Android via your mobile email application. Once it is installed and configured, all you have to do is activate the function of “Synchronize contacts”.
Through the following procedure:
- Launch the Outlook app on your device Android.
- Press About you profile picture.
- Select the gear icon, which you will see in the lower left corner.
- Open the options of your email account, entering this from the first item.
- Activate the option “Synchronize contacts”.
When starting this function, you will be able to view your Outlook contacts in the contacts application of your Android device, so that you can access them quickly and easily regardless of your location.
Being the operating system of one of the best-selling mobile brands in the world, it is necessary to emphasize that the process to activate the synchronization of contacts from Outlook on your device iOS is a bit more complex than an operating system like Android would be.
The procedure consists of entering the account manually to the list of mobile accounts, and then activating the synchronization, through the following procedure:
- Login to the application of “Settings” from your device iOS.
- Enters in function “Mail”, and click on “Accounts”.
- Choose the option “Add Account”.
- Select your email provider. In this case, depending on your account, you must select “Outlook” or “Exchange”.
- Enter the credentials from your email account, making sure to include the corporate domain, if it has one.
- Press “Following” and wait for “Mail” verify your account.
Once you have added to the email account, all that remains to be done is to activate the synchronization with the email entered, through the following steps:
- In the settings of your iOS mobile, open the app “Mail”.
- Login to the section “Accounts”.
- Choose the email account Outlook you want to sync.
- Activate the function tagged as “Contacts”.
When activating this function, all you have to do is enter your Contacts application, after which you can view your contacts from Outlook organized alphabetically.
To another email account
To migrate the contact information from your Outlook account to a different email account, the first thing you should do is export the contact information as a “.csv” file and download it, as follows:
- Login to your email account Outlook.
- click at contacts icon, located in the left sidebar.
- Being on the contact list, you must click on the date that you will see next to “Manage”, Access visible in the top bar, on the right side.
- click in “Export contacts.”
- In the list labeled as “Contacts in this folder” select the option “Contacts”.
- Click on “To export”.
- Wait for the file to download “Contacts.csv” and save it in an accessible location on your computer.
From this file, you can upload the contacts and import them into the destination email account, by means of a very similar procedure.
Find out how to import contacts to your Outlook account
Similar to when you want to export your email account data to another location, Outlook also serves as a very reliable storage medium for the contacts in your other email accounts and mobile devices. Depending on which device you are using, The procedures used to import contacts from other locations into your Outlook account vary widely.Therefore, we must take into account several procedures of different degrees of complexity.
Go for it:
To export the contacts from your Android device to your Outlook email account, all you have to do is access the import / export function of your mobile’s native application.
All through the following steps:
- Enter the contacts app from your device Android.
- Open the options pressing the three dots icon located in the upper right corner.
- Choose the option “Import / export contacts.”
- Choose storage from where the contacts will be copied.
- Choose your Outlook account as a destination for export.
- Mark the contacts you want to transferr. This process is done manually, so you must select each contact individually.
- Press about “Accept”.
This procedure is possibly the most complex, as it requires the use of your iTunes account and desktop application to authorize the transfer of contact data from your mobile device to your Outlook account.
Let’s see below the steps to follow:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC via USB.
- Wait for what detect the device.
- Opens “Information” in the app iTunes from your mobile.
- Check the box corresponding to synchronization of contacts with Outlook.
- Select the contacts that you are going to export to your mail.
- Press in “Accept”.
- Once the sync is complete, disconnect your mobile from the computer safely.
Once you have completed the process, you will be able to verify that your contacts are correctly synchronized in your Outlook notebook. You can repeat the procedure as many times as necessary, and select the new contacts you want to synchronize.
From another email account
To be able to upload contacts from another Outlook email account, It is necessary that you have already done the process of exporting data to a file “.csv”, which must be stored on your computer.
Importing contacts only requires uploading said file through a simple process, which is based on the following steps:
- Enter your email account where the contacts will be imported.
- Select the contacts icon, which you will see in the sidebar on the right side.
- click in “Manage” to open the drop-down menu.
- Choose the option “Import contacts”.
- In the space labeled as “Upload CSV file”, click on the option “Examine”.
- Find the file “Contacts.csv” in the folder where it was previously saved, select it and click “To open”.
- Click on the button “To import”.
After uploading the file, Outlook will inform you that the contacts have been added successfully, specifying the number of contacts that have been loaded. When you review your contact list, you will be able to view the contacts added from the file.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉