Passwords are the main security barrier for our accounts on the Internet, especially from our gmail email which is of utmost importance, because in it we keep confidential information about our work, and even about other platforms that we use such as social networks.
However, with so many technological advances it has become a simple option to log in, since today we have from the beginning by fingerprint, up to 2-step verification.
If you have no idea how to use another way to login, in this article you will know quite simply how to enter your account without using your password.
Learn step by step how to use your mobile to verify access to Gmail to log in without a password
Sign in to Gmail from our mobile it is quite simple. In fact today the platform establishes it as the default access method, since represents greater security. If this is your case, what you will have to do is the following.
It should be noted that for this functionality the equipment is required to have some security method, either a pattern or a password:
- Go to
Gmail.comand enter your email address to log in.
- Once there you will select the device you want with unblock access to Gmail.
- Now the platform will ask you to confirm on your mobile what are you trying to enter How? they will send a notification asking you; “Are you trying to log in from another computer?”, to which you will have to answer “Yes”.
- Now they will show you a number on the mobile screen and on the computer they will ask you what that number is. By indicating it correctly, you will log in and be sent directly to your inbox.
That’s how simple this process is. Nevertheless, it may be the case that you have several mobiles linked to your account, or simply the platform has not configured this option automatically.
In this case, to activate the login from the mobile, what you must do is follow these steps:
- Go into
https://myaccount.google.com/security/signinoptions/phone-sign-inwhere will you have to login with your password in case you haven’t already done so.
- Now you will see the option “Use your phone to log in” and when you do, you will see your main mobile, or you can determine another mobile that you have linked to your account to do so.
- The only requirement that the platform will ask you is that the mobile has a screen lock enabled, otherwise it will be considered unsafe, so anyone who has access to it (if it is stolen) will be able to enter your email.
- Now you just have to click “Next” and this functionality will be put to the test with the steps that we explain at the beginning of this section.
Advantages and disadvantages of using your mobile as a Gmail access verifier instead of a password. How good is it?
This functionality is quite useful for automate our access to the inbox of the Gmail account that we use.
Among the most important advantages that we can highlight are:
- Streamline entry to our email.
- It allows us to forget about having to recover our password if we do not remember it.
- Is safer than a password.
However, this way of logging in is not foolproof, and there are some disadvantages that we can identify even in the security section of our account. ç
The most notable are:
- If your mobile is stolen It will be a bit difficult for you to access your account again, especially if you have forgotten your password by getting used to this method.
- You must disable the security layer of the double factor verification in order to enable it.
These are the disadvantages that we find to using this functionality. Although for many it represents more comforts than disadvantages, so do not hesitate to activate it to enjoy the advantages without thinking about the disadvantages.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉