Gmail is a very versatile tool, useful for both businessmen and individuals, since it has a large number of attached services that work to expand its usefulness.
Among these additional tools, Gmail has the possibility of making video calls through its integrated service, known as Google Meet. You can access this service easily, directly from the Gmail web portal.
Although there are many online services that allow videoconferencing, Gmail is one of the few that offers several tools together, and in this note we will teach you to use the Google Meet service from any device to take your virtual meetings to the next level.
Learn step by step how to make video calls from Gmail using its integration with Google Meet
Video conferencing are useful services for companies of any size, especially those who are dedicated to teleworking, since it allows maintaining detailed communication between all team members. You can use Meet’s video conferencing service directly from the Gmail web portal, since the accesses are visible on the main screen.
However, there are a number of simple but necessary steps to get started:
Access Meet from Gmail
To get started, the first step is to enter your Gmail user credentials to be able to access the service, so that you can start or schedule your virtual conferences quickly and easily.
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Enter your mail and password.
- Once the Gmail inbox opens, select the option “New meeting”, in section Meet, located in the sidebar.
Choose the time of your meeting
As soon as enter the videoconference section, a pop-up window will be displayed with the access link and the corresponding options.
With which you can define the moment when you want to start the meeting:
- In the pop-up window that will appear, You will have the option to copy or share the invitation link.
- If you want to create a meeting for later, select “Send invitation” to share the link.
- To start the meeting immediately, click “Start now”, or copy the invitation link and paste it into a browser.
- Wait for participants to connect to start the meeting.
Schedule a conference at a later date
In addition to starting a meeting directly, it is possible to create meetings for later days by accessing Google Calendar available in Gmail, so you can schedule your conferences for a specific date and time.
Go for it:
- Open Gmail in your browser.
- Sign in your email and password.
- In the inbox, select the Google Calendar icon located in the upper right corner.
- It will open as a side tab, showing the hours of the current day.
- At the top of the tab, click on the date shown and select the day you want to hold the meeting.
- In the hours section shown in the tab, select the time the meeting will take place, and click.
- Create a title for the event, select the participants and press “Add a video conference.”
In this way the participants you enter will be notified of the new meeting, and it will come to them by Gmail means an email with the link access to it.
Video calls available natively in the Gmail mobile application How to make them?
One of the great advantages of Gmail is that its services are accessible from practically any mobile device, thanks to the large number of applications available. For some time, Google initiated a series of optimizations of its applications, thinking of small and large companies, which began with G Suite to become what we now know as Google Workspace.
The latest versions of the Gmail app for Android have left aside the side tab that included Meet meeting button, as well as the dependence on it for video calls.
Allowing users to make video calls natively in a very similar way to Meet:
- Open the app from Gmail on Android.
- At the bottom of the screen icons with options “Mail” and “Get together”, click on the second.
- In the new screen you will see the two options at the top, press “New meeting”.
- You will have three options available: “Get meeting link to share”, will allow you to schedule a meeting for later and share the invitation links.
- “Start instant meeting”, to start the video conference immediately.
- And with “Schedule in Google calendar” you can schedule the meeting for a future date.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉