The facilities that owning a Smart TV give to the life of any person are extremely wide, this new generation of televisions is marking a before and after in the way we entertain ourselves at home. These devices are characterized by having an internet connection, either through an ethernet cable or Wi-Fi support. For this reason, it is possible to connect them to the home network and synchronize with many other devices, be they mobile phones, headphones, horns or speakers, and streaming services such as Netflix or Spotify.
In addition to this, the visual technology they incorporate allows you to enjoy content in 4K Ultra HD resolution. But the real reason they have shaken the market is because with them it is no longer necessary to make a hole in the agenda to see our favorite programs. In them we can record the programs we want and then watch them when we have time.
In this tutorial We will explain the ways to record the programming of a SmartTV and be able to access it when required. In this way you can continue with your usual routine without having to adjust it to watch your favorite program every Saturday night, now you can record it and watch it in the tranquility of a Sunday afternoon.
Steps to record and save series, movies and programs from the television to the hard disk of the Smart TV
SmartTVs are manufactured by different brands, which makes them different, but the operation in almost all of them is the same, that is why the processes to carry out the recording of content are not broadly distinguished by brands or models.
These latest generation equipment make it easy to save content in various ways to disks, USB cards and more in either of the two existing options:
- Direct recording. Allows you to record only live content that is being presented at the moment.
- Scheduled recording. In this case, an automatic can be activated so that when we are not there, the program is recorded at the time we have set.
To take advantage of the Smart tv features you have to know it and learn from its details in terms of operation. Next we will explain how to record the content of your smart TV with the different methods so that you can get the most out of your equipment.
With a hard drive
In the televisions of most of the brands it is quite easy to record by installing a hard disk to house the content and save it. To carry out this process you need your Smart TV and an external hard drive. After you have everything, you can proceed to do it by following the steps below:
- Connect the hard drive. From the back or side, depending on the model Find the USB input of the TV and connect the hard drive you want to use there. Once you do this, the disk will be connected to the TV and you can save programs until the memory is full.
- Start recording. With the remote control you must press the button on the bottom line that has a red circle and a message will appear on the screen asking if you want activate TimeShift, select accept and recording will begin.
- Recording ends. During this process on television, a bar will appear at the top indicating a red dot with the word “Record”. If you want to end the recording, you must touch the button with the square icon, called “Stop“.
Schedule recording with TV guide
Each SmarTV has its own guide for user use, in which it allows you to see what program is broadcasting on each channel and the programming that will be broadcast throughout the day with its duration, but also allows you to do other things, for example to schedule a recording.
Follow the steps and you will see how:
- Push the button “Guide“or depending on the brand, the one that directs you to the TV guide.
- Search between all programs and channels the one you want and at the time you want to record it.
- When you have selected it, you can choose whether to add a reminder or directly schedule the recording. In this case, choose “Schedule recording“.
- Select the storage unit you want to use, between USB or HDD.
- When you finish, the TV will show you a confirmation message, and it will already be programmed, and you can access it whenever you want.
On a USB Pendrive
USB devices are extremely useful when having a Smart TV. They can be used, for example, to play files that we have saved, which is what most of them do, however, it is not the only possibility with modern televisions.
To the connect a USB stick to the TVDepending on the model, it will allow us to make use of several recording options. Some models are not capable of saving videos, music and photos via USB, nor the functions of Timeshift, viewing or simultaneous recordings. In these cases to record it should be used as a simple DVD recorder.
When connecting the memory to the input port that is indicated with HDD IN, the television is creating a security system, which will be used for copyright reasons to allow the user to record content and reproduce it whenever they want, but from the device, that is, it does not work to transfer the content to a pc or other device.
If you have a TV and want take advantage of the use of the built-in USB port for playback and record content, you must have a good pendrive that has enough storage space and follow the steps below for recording.
- Insert the pendrive into the port of the TV, taken care that it fits perfectly and also does not move or wobble.
- Sit in front of the tv with the remote control and press the red button which is normally in the last row, recording will begin and there should be a pointing icon on the screen.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉