Scheduling an email is a very useful feature that for some time we have available in the Google Gmail email platform. With it we can automate the use of our emails in a way never seen before.
For a long time this feature has remained unknown to most users, even for those of us who use the platform for work reasons.
In this article I will teach from scratch how to schedule emails from Google Gmail natively or externally, so that you take full advantage of this functionality and can automate your email as much as possible.
What are the benefits of scheduling emails from Gmail?
This function is going to us make life easier when it comes to using email it means.
Some of the most interesting advantages and benefits that we can highlight are the following:
- Improve organization and productivity: You can dedicate one or two days a week to compose all the emails you need and schedule their delivery so that they reach the recipient when you indicate it.
- Respect time differences: In such a globalized world, you may have some clients who live on the other side of the world, so you can schedule the sending of that message for a working time within their time zone.
You can have up 100 messages scheduled in Gmail simultaneously, which will give you a productive capacity of another level. Now it’s just a matter of learning how to use this feature on your devices.
Learn step by step how to schedule the sending of an email in Gmail from any device
At this point we are going to teach you step by step how to schedule the sending of an email since your Gmail account on all the devices on which you use or may use this platform.
Go for it:
The procedure on Android it is quite intuitive and easy to do.
The steps you must follow are the following:
- Enter Gmail and starts to write a new email.
- Once finished Choose the option “Plus” which is identified by 3 superimposed points on the platform.
- Now you just have to to select the option “Schedule shipment” and select one of the options shown on the interface, or customize a time and date for this task.
In case you want to edit the content of a scheduled email you must enter the label “Scheduled” and cancel the sending, and then enter the draft of the message, modify it and reschedule it following the steps that we just mentioned.
As to iOS is concerned, the process is basically the same as in the previous operating system.
What you should do is the following:
- Enter Gmail and compose a new message.
- When finished make touch on option “Plus” which is identified by 3 overlapping dots on the interface of Gmail.
- Now you must select “Schedule shipment” and choose or customize a time and date for this task.
On Windows and MacOS
Naps using your computer’s browser, scheduling the sending of an email will be a much simpler mission.
The steps you must follow are the following:
- Go to Gmail on a computer.
- click in “Write” and create a new email.
- In the bottom left, next to “Send”, click the drop down arrow to see more shipping options.
- Now click in “Schedule shipment” and select the date and time you want the mail to be sent.
We show you an alternative way to schedule emails in Gmail to manage your email to the maximum
In the past It was not possible to use this function because Google had not added it to the skills of its platform of emails, so we had to resort to the use of a browser extension, so this was only possible from a computer.
Now we are going to show you how this process was done in the old school:
Without a doubt, the most popular tool to carry out this task was Boomerang for Gmail, an extension of Google Chrome which added this function externally, so that we could schedule emails left and right.
The steps you had to follow were the following:
- The first thing is to go to the Google Web Store and find and install the extension Boomerang for Gmail.
- Once located we click on “Add to Chrome “ and we wait for it to download.
- Once installed the app when sending an email a new button will appear with the name “Send later” or “Send Letter” in English, with which we can schedule the sending of our message at the time and date we want.
List of the best Chrome extensions to plan Gmail emails that you should know
Now we are going to share with you a series of Alternative browser tools and extensions to Boomerang so you can send emails later by scheduling them like a pro.
Right Inbox for Gmail
This is a tool that lets you schedule emails like an expert, as well as organizing recurring emails to send them automatically when you need it.
Schedule Email by cloudHQ
A fairly simple tool that has basically as the only function to allow you to schedule emails from Gmail easily and simply.
This is a professional tool that not only allows you to schedule emails, but also complete email marketing campaigns, in addition to giving you metrics to know how your audience interacts with your emails.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉