Marketing and communication companies that need send emails to many users simultaneously, they use Hidden Carbon Copy (Bcc), a function that is present in most mail servers, among the ones who Outlook is found.
Although the tool is very valuable and useful in most cases, you have to use it correctly and without abusing it, which will guarantee that each of the messages sent fulfills its mission, helping to fulfill your obligations.
In the course that we are beginning, We will explain everything about the Hidden Carbon Copy, the advantages of using it and the steps to be taken to send a message to several users from any of the devices that we have at hand, regardless of whether it is mobile or desktop.
What is carbon copy in emails?
When writing an email for a person, below “For”, what is the place where the address goes, it shows “Cc” which is carbon copy and “Cco” which we translate as hidden carbon copy. These methods are similar to when typewriters were previously used and copies with carbon sheets were created under the main sheet, saving time and placing the same content in a single session for several people.
In the email, when sending to several people at the same time, their addresses are hidden, so, regardless of the number of senders, none of them will know who else the content was sent to, they remain invisible so to speak.
Among the reasons why this system is used, we can mention the following:
- Protect privacy: E-mail addresses are not disclosed to other people and personal data is safeguarded.
- Avoid spam emails: when the addresses are revealed, someone could take them and create a list to start sending out ad campaigns without prior authorization from those involved.
- The messages are not repeated: When sending the same greeting to several contacts, they will not realize that others also received it.
- Protection of the information sent: you are sure that the data will not fall into the hands of the wrong people.
- You watch out for viruses: hiding email addresses prevents them from being used for malicious activities.
Learn how to send emails with Bcc in Outlook
Send messages using the Hidden Carbon Copy in Outlook it’s simple. In the first instance, the function may be deactivated, but we will quickly make it available. Now let’s see how to do it both from the mobile phone and on a desktop computer.
Go for it:
From the phone
To reply to an email from the Outlook application on the mobile device and that it reaches with Hidden Carbon Copy to other users who are also interested in the information, we do the following:
- Open the Outlook app on your mobile device, where you must already have your email address and password loaded.
- make click the compose icon, marked in blue on the right side of the screen.
- Open the window in which you must put all the email data.
- On “For” you will place the main direction and an inverted triangle will appear on the right hand that you must press.
- There are two additional options displayed, “CC” and “CCO”.
- Choose “CCO” and there you are going to place the rest of the emails to which you want an additional copy to arrive, hiding the email addresses.
- After you do, write the body of the email and click on “Send”.
From the computer
You are going to take these steps on a laptop or desktop computer, regardless of the operating system you have installed. The reason is that we are going to do use of web browser of your preference to compose the email and send it to the contacts with a Hidden Carbon Copy.
- Login to your Outlook email account from the browser.
- Once inside the inbox, you go to the top where the section is located “New message”.
- A window opens in which you must place all data for him new mail message.
- The first line has the option “For”, which is where the main email goes, on the right hand side are the carbon copy options “CC” and “CCO”.
- Clicking “CCO”, A new line is displayed in which you must place the email (s) to which you are going to send a copy of the message.
- Once you finish, fill in the rest of the data and to finish click on “Send”, which is marked in blue at the bottom.
Taking into account these procedures, you will keep the contacts to whom you send a simultaneous email invisible, giving a professional aspect to your communications.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉