The voice notes or audio messages are one of the characteristics that most users demand from Gmail. While this is more of a feature associated with instant messaging services than email, the ease with which it automates conversations makes it necessary.
However, there is still no official version of the platform that includes this feature in its line-up, so that we can send a recorded audio directly from the platform as an attachment. Therefore we must resort to some plugins and tools.
In this article we are going to teach you how to send audio messages in Gmail emails automatically, which will be of great help to send those that require a much more direct explanation.
Learn step by step how to send audio messages through your Gmail email natively
Unfortunately, Gmail has not implemented this function on its platform, so to have it we must make use of a extension called Google Contacts & Record Audio available in the Google Chrome Webstore. This means that we can only use this function from the computer, since in the app to Android and ios it is not possible in any way.
- The first thing you should do is go to the “Webstore” of Google to download the mentioned tool.
- Once you locate it you select the option “Add to Chrome” and you wait for it to install.
- Now go to Gmail and write a message, you will notice that In the lower right corner of the text box is an icon of a microphone.
- By clicking on this icon you should enable your computer’s microphone and start talking while it is being recorded in real time.
- The file will be sent as an attachment in the message and you can send it as normal.
We show you how to send an externally recorded audio file to your Gmail email
There are other ways to send an audio message by Gmail. If we think about it, the previous method is based on a tool that facilitates the act of recording and attaching the voice memo automatically.
Here are some similar methods to achieve this goal:
With Voice Recorder
This is a voice recorder for Android and iOS quite complete.
What we must do to get our voice memo with it is the following:
- Download the app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Enter it and start a recording with your voice message.
- Now go to the audio library of the app itself and locate your recorded file.
- Finally, select the option “Share” and later “Gmail” to send your new recording as an attachment in a message.
- With these simple steps you can send your newly recorded audio by Gmail from your Android or iOS.
The instant messaging app can help you send audios by Gmail In a very simple way.
The steps you must follow are the following:
- Download WhatsApp (if for some reason you don’t have it) and once in it start a chat with any of your contacts.
- Now record a voice memo with the content of the message you want to send.
- After sending it, select the note and click “Plus” and then in “Share”.
- Choose “Gmail” as the app to use to share the message and this will be inserted as an attached message so that you can send it to the recipient you want.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉