The PS4 video game console, has become one of the most advanced tools of today, which has television programs, music, the latest games among many other relevant features.
However, you may have just bought one ps4 console and do not have any problem when you turn it on and start playing and enjoying it. Especially because it offers you a state-of-the-art technology in each of its programming, being one of the best devices launched by Sony.
But, the problem really comes when you want to turn off said equipment, since you cannot turn off completely until I enter sleep mode. Therefore, here we will explain some methods to be able turn off this device in the correct way.
Why do I need to turn my PS4 console on and off properly and what are the risks if I don’t do it properly?
It is very important to perform a correct equipment shutdown in order to extend its useful life. It is worth mentioning that close any device improperly or forcibly it can start to have consequences over time, where the operation of the console can be seriously affected. That is, the data of the same can reach get damaged or lost Y the system could suffer considerable damage.
Therefore, it is always recommended turn on and turn off this type of appliance in the correct way to avoid some damage or a system malfunction. That is why here We are going to show you the different ways that exist so that you can start doing this.
Steps to start and shut down my PlayStation4 correctly avoiding damage
There are different ways to turn on and turn off these types of devices in the correct way without causing any damage to the system. However, before initiate computer shutdown it is necessary to make sure that no disk inside the console, the system is not updating some software or just be saving some dataas this could affect the process.
Turn on the PS4 console
To start the PS4 console you have two different ways to do it, both are really simple and basic.
- The first will be by pressing the “Power button”.
- The second is through PS button, it is in a control that is connected via USB cable or previously paired to the device.
Once the equipment has been turned on correctly, it will begin to flash with a blue light indicator and will finally change to a White color.
Shut down the system in sleep mode
When the Playstation 4 goes to sleep, it continues to work, but this time it does so with a lower power consumption. In addition, this is usually placed automatically after a certain device downtime. However, there is a way in which you can put the sleep mode yourself once you stop using the console.
To do this, follow these steps:
- The first thing will be to select power button on the function screen.
- Then you select the option of “Enter sleep mode.”
- You can also access through the quick menu at “Power”> “Enter sleep mode”.
- Now click on power button for a few seconds until the system make a sound.
- After this the system will be inactive Y screen goes dark, while the power indicator blink with a White light and then it becomes orange.
- In case you want to turn it back on, just press on The power button and the system will boot automatically.
Turn off the PlayStation 4 completely
In case you don’t want turn it off in sleep mode if not completely, Either because you will spend days without using the equipment then you can do it in the following two ways:
- The first is to select the power button in the functions screen and then select the option to “Turn off PS4.”
- This can also be done through the quick menu clicking on “Power”> “Turn off PS4 system”
- The other way is by clicking on the power button for at least 7 seconds until the system make two sounds in a row. There you can shut down the system, the screen will go dark and the power indicator Start to blinks white and finally the console will turn off completely.
Trick to connect and turn off the PS4 from your mobile phone
If you are looking for a faster and easier way to turn your PS4 on and off more comfortably here we will teach you how to do this from your Smartphone. But, before doing this it will be necessary meet a requirement, it’s about how much the console and the mobile phone must be connected to the same wireless network.
If we have this requirement then we can start this process. Finally, it is important to mention that this method works both for Android and iOS devices.
Install the PS4 Second Screen app
- The first thing will be to install the official Sony app, PS4 Second Screen in you Android or iOS mobile.
- When it has already been installed in the terminal, the next thing will be to open the app and see the starting screen where you should click on next.
- A new screen will appear “Help” where the instructions of the steps to follow will be indicated, it indicates that both the PS4 as Smartphone they must be connected to the same WiFi network. When the instructions have been read, click on the “X” to close that window.
- The following will be turn on the video game and wait a few seconds or minutes while the console appears on devices connected via the application on the terminal.
- When it appears on the mobile screen, click on the icon and enter the code offered by PlayStation 4.
We configure the Smartphone on the PlayStation 4 console
Once both teams are linked, the following will be configure the Smartphone with the PlayStation, for this we do the following:
- To start you will have to scroll through device menu until you reach the option of “Settings”.
- Once inside “Settings” The following will be to select the section of “Mobile application connection settings ”.
- Through this tool we authorize the Smartphone so that it can connect with the appliance system.
- In the event that there was never authorized no other device this list will be empty.
- Now you will have to click on the option “Add device”. There a new window will open with a code that we will have to enter in the terminal, it has a validation time of only 5 minutes. In the event that it expires you will only have to request a new one. These procedures must be carried out on both devices reciprocally.
Add the application code
- Within the application we have to enter the code above through a numeric menu that will appear on the screen of your terminal. When this has been inserted we must click on the option “To register” so that both the console and the Smartphone are finished linking.
- The next thing will be to check that the linking of both has been correctly, for this you must turn off the PlayStation manually and test the new ignition system via mobile phone.
- For this we will only have to click on the PS4 icon so that this is turned on from the mobile.
- To turn it off from the terminal, click on it power icon in the application’s pop-up menu.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉