How do I un-link my Spotify account from Facebook? Step by step guide
Spotify is one of the applications that revolutionized the way you listen to music today. It is very simple and easy to use, this platform has one of the most complete music libraries . In it you can not only find everything you need, but also a little more. Particularly this offers multiple advantages over other servers, for example, you will be able to listen to the music of your favorite artists whenever and wherever you want, whether in a car or even on a plane without connection or streaming .
With this tool you have access to a whole world of music and the best of all is that there is no need to download them, because they are all in the cloud and you can access them with your user as often as you want. You also have the option to create your own playlist or collaborate with your friends. However, when using the application, you are asked to fill out a form to create your account. But if you don't want to do this, it offers other alternatives, such as linking your account to Facebook.
Although, sometimes you reach a point of disagreement with the accounts are linked. One reason is that when playing an audio file, it is automatically shared on the other network . Which for many is an inconvenience. So in this guide, we'll help you unlink your Spotify account from your Facebook profile on your computer or mobile phone. Also how to use it without having to be subject to another interface. Read on and find out how to do this in simple steps.
Steps to log out and use your Spotify account without Facebook
Spotify implemented some external actions for this some time ago. One of them is that your account is linked to another social network to play your music, in order to have more reach and interaction with other audiences.
In this case, from Facebook you can listen to the music you have stored . But if for different reasons you want this not to happen and you want to delete the link that exists, you just need to follow the steps below:
Disconnect from your PC
If you want to completely close your Facebook account with Spotify , you have to follow a very specific process, and applications certainly don't always leave you at a glance. But here we will explain the following processes from your computer
- Open Spotify in desktop version.
- In the top bar, click on the "Change" or "Edit" drop-down menu.
- Select the "Preferences" option.
- This will open a window, there will be several options, where two boxes will be selected: "Share my activity in Spotify Social" and "Show what I hear on Facebook" .
- You will now have to remove the selection of both options and you will have un-linked your Spotify account with Facebook.
- Please note that this is only possible if your account is not a premium account.
Disable or separate from Android and iOS mobile
Remember that some applications do not have all the options that the desktop version may contain. One of them, in this case, is disabling the social networks linked to it.
This can only be done through the default browser on your computer by accessing the Spotify page. There, it shows you a number of alternatives so you can disconnect notifications and all posts with Facebook.
Disconnect the Spotify application from Facebook
With the steps you'll see below, you can un-link your Spotify account without any problems from the Facebook interface. Find out how to perform this process step by step, as shown below.
- The first thing you need to do is log in to your Facebook account.
- Enter your network settings and enter the "Settings and Privacy" option if you are in the mobile application.
- If you're on a computer, all you have to do is go to "Settings" and then "Applications, Websites and Games".
- From the drop down menu that will open, select "Settings" .
- Then look for the "Security" section, followed by "Applications and Websites" .
- In the window shown below, under "Preferences" click "Applications, Websites and Games" .
- In it you can see the applications you have synchronized with the platform. You will then select the Spotify you want to disable.
How do I disconnect Spotify from Facebook if the account is premium?
If the account is a premium account, you should not appear the steps mentioned above to close from your computer. This is because you have created through Facebook, so they cannot be disconnected if you do not have to cancel the subscription you have . Once you have done this, you can subscribe again without any problems to a new account. For this you just need to do the following:
- Log into your "Premiun" account.
- Click "Logout Anywhere" at the bottom of your screen.
- Ready and you can create a new account .
It should be noted that saved songs and playlists will remain in your previous account. Although if you want to recover all information send an email to the platform explaining that you want to leave the premium account, and they will transfer the information. Important, it will not be possible to have two accounts with the same email address , if you do not close the account correctly, you will not be able to use the email again.