Thanks to the satellite network with which we have, there are numerous means and devices that also manage to facilitate our lives in a much more remarkable way than we imagine. GPS navigators are a very clear example of this. They take advantage of information about the entire road network and sections of all countries and, at the same time, they obtain the information via satellite to determine their exact position at the moment.
Thus, they help in a more than considerable way to anyone who wants to take a trip or move through a place they do not know. Within this sector, TomTom company is one of the ones that stands out the most with respect to the rest. With a wide range of GPS launched on the market, this firm has been active since 1991 and has established itself as the leading brand in Europe in terms of navigation.
Its browsers are the best known and purchased by all those who decide to take advantage of these facilities in their day to day. Of course, when it comes to getting one, it is very important to know how to update Tomtom GPS navigator software for free. Roads, cities, towns, etc.
Update your TomTom GPS to the latest version with MyDrive Connect
Everything changes as the years go by, and these devices have at their disposal new versions of their software to reflect all these modifications, in addition to, of course, bring all kinds of improvements. In this guide we are going to teach you everything you have to do to update your browser both on PC and Mac. Two slightly different procedures that have the same purpose, being able to move with ease thanks to these devices.
Tomtom brand browsers have a compatible application which, after being installed on a computer, is used to transfer all the information necessary to carry out updates and renew its internal software: MyDrive Connect.
Here we are going to focus on the use of this tool, although there are certain models that are incompatible and, therefore, require the use of another program called TomTom Home (whose download links are at the end of the post). Others, however, even have the ability to make updates without using any program, just by connecting them to a Wi-Fi network and doing the process through their menu.
As we have said, we are going to focus this little guide to install new software updates for Tomtom GPS compatible with MyDrive Connect. And, for this, we are going to clarify the procedure for both users of Windows as for users of Mac.
For Windows operating system
- Before doing anything, you have to download the latest version of MyDrive Connect for Windows. To do this, you just have to click on the links above to proceed to download it automatically on your computer.
- Once finished, open the installer to begin with the installation of the program.
- If you don’t have the newest version, when you open the program, you will be prompted that an update is available. Tap on “Update MyDrive Connect” to take care of it. You will have to repeat the same process as when starting the installer.
- Before opening the application MyDrive Connect, make sure to connect your browser to the PC using a USB cable. When you do, the program will likely start automatically. If not, open it.
- Now, you have to log in with your user account. Just enter your email address and password in the corresponding fields and then click on the “Log in”.
- After this, the screen will change to show all the updates that are available for your GPS. Tap on “My Content”, available above. Now, mark those that you consider necessary by clicking on their boxes (you can select them all by clicking on the one available next to the title of the list).
- After this, click on “Update selected”. The program will be in charge of showing you all the improvements and modifications that come with the new versions of your browser software. Now you just have to click “Accept and Install.”
- You will see on the screen how the process of downloading and applying the update goes. Wait until it finishes and the message “Ready to go!”On your computer.
- Behind this, you can now disconnect your GPS from the PC and start using it with its most recent and complete version.
For Mac computers
- On Mac, MyDrive Connect installation process is slightly different. The starting point, however, is identical to that of Windows. You have to download the official program file that we provide you above.
- When the entire download process is finished, you must take that file in the “.dmg”And drag it to the icon “Applications” to proceed to install the software with which you can connect your TomTom navigation device to your computer.
- Now, you probably don’t have the newest version. In that case, it will tell you and will invite you to perform the update. Accept and proceed.
- Before going back to start the MyDrive Connect program, already updated, connect your TomTom GPS navigator to the computer via the USB cable. When you do, now yes, open the application.
- You have to connect with your user account. Enter your e-mail address in the corresponding field and then your profile password in the available fields. Tap on “Log in”.
- In the new screen that appears, you will be able to take a look at all the contents available for your GPS. Instead of diving between them, head up and click “My Content”.
- After doing so, you have to start selecting updates that you want to install in your browser. Check the appropriate boxes (or select everything with the box above) and then press the button “Update selected”. In the window that appears, with all the news, just click on “Accept and install”In order to continue.
- Now you can see how the process of downloading and transferring the update to the browser takes place. Once completed, the message “Ready to go!”. You can now disconnect your GPS and start using it with its new update installed.
*Note: In both alternatives, it is likely that nothing will appear when reviewing the new versions. In case this happens, it is not due to an error, but because the TomTom navigator is already fully updated And it doesn’t need any new software to be installed inside.
*Important: As we said at the beginning of this section, it is possible that your GPS in question is not compatible with the MyDrive Connect application. In that case, you have the TomTom Home alternative available. You can download it in these links that we leave you:
Once the program is downloaded, you must install it and follow a few simple steps so that you can enjoy the new features of the latest versions of your TomTom! Navigator. To know how update all GPS navigators you can enter here.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉