The Huawei phone brand
it has gained many positions in recent times due to all the improvements that have been made internally in all its terminals in general. Their devices offer great security, but like any terminal they must be in the latest version of software that is on the market. Therefore, we will explain how to update a Huawei cell phone to the latest version of Android software.
Founded in 1987 and of Chinese origin, it began as a small company that today sells mobile phones around the world and, in addition, invest 10% of all profits that has in improving the stages of research and development of the company. The brand’s products are marketed in more than 100 countries throughout the globe. In February 2017, Huawei
It has been the third brand that has sold the most mobile phones worldwide, behind Manzana Y Samsung.
Of course, it has also had some problems in the market, because it has been the target of large companies from developed countries on multiple occasions, which have constantly accused it of espionage in favor of China and of illegal practices in the European Union, among others, as we already know, this market is not easy and there are many envies about it.
Update the Android software on my Huawei cell phone
In any case, it is a brand that has a large number of devices on the market, from smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc … In addition, it has been a sponsor of several football teams such as Atlético de Madrid, Club Independiente Santa Fe, Boca Juniors or Club Sport Emelec among others, so it is clear that its presence will increase and that, if you have any of their devices, you will enjoy constant technical assistance and updates available, something that brands offer as they grow and make themselves stand out in the sector.
Let’s start with a step guide for general updates on many of the firm’s devices. Then we will mention the steps for the models P8 Lite, P9 Lite and G7. To carry out the update method of the Huawei phones
that we are going to show next does not need too much knowledge of Android. The easiest way to do it is by downloading an application Firmware Finder for Huawei, which, at the moment, is only in the English language. The steps to follow are those:
- First, you have to download the application and install it on your device. Generally the easiest way to do it is via APK, but in this case it is available in Google play. Then you have to start the software.
- We look for, in the upper menu, the option “Installation Via System Update”. Next, a new application begins to download that we must install on our device.
- We now select the option “Get Firmware list“And a list is displayed where you have to choose the first element of it, where it says”Send Firmware to Updater“
- Now we have to do the proxy settings. It is done from the device settings.
- We select the option “Network Settings”And we select the mobile network that we are using.
- Let’s go to the section “Access Point Name “ and create a new APN.
- We fill in the following information:
- Server: localhost
- Port: 8080.
- Let’s go back to the section “Settings“And click on”Search for updates“And we check if there is any available, if it is the case, we install / update and ready!.
Huawei P8 Lite model
Update Huawei P8 Lite It is very simple. It does not require too many complicated actions. Remember that before starting the update it is very important make a backup of the data that you may have within your terminal. If you want to enjoy updated OS and customization layer on your smartphone, follow the steps below.
- First you must go to the Huawei website and download the update file that corresponds to the version of your phone.
- Once you have downloaded it, you must unzip the file in a folder on your device. I recommend that you do it in one that you have located, since then you will need to know the place where that file is.
- Now you must copy the folder called DLoad to the SD card of your phone
- Access the “Settings”And from there double click on the file with the update.
- You must select “Local update“as a method to install
- Wait a few minutes for the installation process to finish. Now you can enjoy the latest update for this device.
Huawei P9 Lite model
The first thing you should do is make a backup copy of the data you have on your device. In the Settings of your phone you will see a badge if there is a software update that you need to perform. The steps to follow are very easy:
- Look for the section “Update system”Found in the“ Settings ”menu.
- A button will appear stating “Search for updates”. If there is a new version of software, a message will appear on the screen.
- Now click on the button where it indicates “To update“, Which will automatically proceed to update your device.
- Follow the steps indicated on the screen until it tells you that you have finished the update.
Huawei Ascend G7 model
As we have indicated in the previous options, it is very important to make a backup copy of the device before starting any update of your OS. To be able to make this improvement you must follow the steps that appear below:
- On the screen you must select the “Updater”Which is an app located on the main screen of your device.
- Click on the button “Setting“And from there, select”All”. A button appears that is used to search for updates.
- If there is a new version for the software, you must follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once you have done it, you will have to restart your device. The moment you turn it on again, you will have the phone updated.
Update all Huawei models alternatively
As we have indicated previously, the branding layer Huawei
it is very high, considering it as an Android based ROM. It is called EMUI. This application allows us to perform a system update in a very simple and graphical way.
Check for updates using OTA
The brand’s operating system allows us to update our Huawei
to new versions and download them via OTA (Over The Air). This means that we can do it through a Wi-Fi network. To achieve this through this option we must follow the steps indicated below:
- Initially, the menu “Settings”.
- Now look in the lower area of the submenu drop-down for the button “Update software”.
- At this time, a new window will appear where you can locate the version that we have installed. Furthermore, there is a button where it is allowed to perform a check on the existing new versions of the system. We press on this.
- If there is a new version, will start downloading and installing automatically.
- If it does not exist, a simple message will appear: “No updates”; we have to wait a little longer.
It is an application at no cost, only valid for Android devices that allows us to perform a manual update of our Huawei device
. To do this, we recommend following these steps:
- The most important is download and install the app that we leave you higher in our terminal.
- Next, we open it and select the model to which our device corresponds.
- Now we will see a list with all the versions of the system that are published.
- We must look for the most current and that suits our phone. To do this, click on the button “to download”.
- You have to unzip the file that we have downloaded and copy all the contents of the folder into the directory “dload”.
- Now we must indicate to our system that we want to perform an update manually. To do this, we go to the menu “Settings”.
- Within it, we look for the option “Update software”.
- Several options appear on the screen, among which we will choose “Local update”.
- If the file is well located, the phone will notify us that it has detected a new version and will ask us if we want to start the update. Click on “To accept”.
- The phone is about to restart.
- Meanwhile, the phone and update data will start to be verified.
- In a few minutes, your Huawei device will be updated to the most current version.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉