Outlook Calendar it works for free in conjunction with the email account and, once configured, it can be viewed on any device. From there you can point an appointment or event to receive a notification when the scheduled time is near.
Recently, Microsoft made an update to accommodate the electronic calendar that is useful to optimize the time of each of the users who have an Outlook email account. Here files, tasks and calendars, among other aspects, are perceived on the same screen, which helps to point out the elements more easily.
Still not using Windows Calendar to schedule your day? You will see all the benefits of having Calendar configured, the way to handle it like an expert without missing a single detail and the options you have available to combine them with your Outlook account as far as calendars are concerned.
What are the benefits of using Windows Calendar in your Outlook email?
Outlook calendar is available for all operating systems, including mobile versions for Android and iOS. Its current functions make it more social and easier to handle.
Some of the advantages of using this calendar function in your email account are the following:
- Once you schedule an agenda, you can make modifications and adjustments if necessary.
- You can use it together with Skype for videoconferences and work meetings.
- You have the option of placing different colors to each task for easy identification.
- From any device, you can view tasks and the loaded agenda.
- You have the choice to include files and archives from the cloud.
- Manage multiple calendars at the same time to divide professional tasks and personal activities.
Learn how to use Windows Calendar in Outlook like an expert
Once learn to use the Windows calendar integrated into Outlook, you will not stop using it. There are many things that you will be able to include in your electronic agenda and thus nothing will be left to chance, but planning will accompany you in your day to day.
Here are six of the tools that you have at your disposal within the calendar that you can start testing immediately if you like:
Scheduling an event refers to any activity you want to schedule for the calendar to send you reminder alerts. It could be the delivery of a job, vacation days or a family reunion, to name a few cases.
The way to configure them is as follows:
- In the Outlook account, locate yourself in the function of Calendar located in the upper left corner.
- When opening, look for the function “New appointment.”
- Write a description and then add a location.
- In the drop down boxes, select the start date and end date.
- By native configuration, 12 hours before the event begins, an alert begins to be generated.
- Once you adjust the details, you click on “Keep”.
At Outlook calendar you have the ability to schedule the day, the week or the month placing appointments just as you would on a physical diary.
To do this you must do the following:
- Once inside the calendar, click “Panel” and select the option you want to program.
- You select for the test “Workweek” and shows all the days and hours available to place pending appointments.
- Click on the hours you want to assign a task, fill in the form and so they will be saved according to your priorities.
Define daily routines
Now what you will do is to schedule the routine for a particular day. With all the activities that you have pending for the day.
To do this, you do the following:
- Inside the Outlook calendar, you look for the function “Day” on the top panel.
- The full day is shown with all hours. Click on the time you want to set an activity.
- fill the form that appears and you click “Keep”.
Everytime that create an event, you assign a specific time when you want Outlook to send you reminder alerts. But that is not a rule that should stay that way, then you can modify or adjust it according to your needs.
To do this, do the following:
- Enter your Outlook calendar and you will immediately see all the appointments scheduled for the day, week or month.
- You give it above the event that you want to modify.
- A pop-up window opens in which you must select “Reminder”.
- There are several alternatives to choose how many minutes before you want to receive an alert.
- Select the one you want and voila, you will have already modified the reminders that Outlook will automatically send you.
Outlook Calendar gives you the option of sending an invitation to meet to one or more people. Then, the platform tracks the actions carried out by the guests, such as accepting the request.
The way to create a meeting is as follows:
- Choose in the inbox “New elements” and then “Meeting”.
- In the calendar, select “New meeting”.
- In an email message, select “Reply meeting”.
- To add attendees, go to the line “For” of the meeting request.
- Write the name and address of the new guest.
- Add all the data regarding the meeting, such as the start and end time.
- If you want to attach a file, use the corresponding section.
- At the end, click “Keep”.
Windows Calendar vs Google Calendar Which is the best option in Outlook?
Both applications have a large number of options and functions available to schedule your day to day. Many prefer the tool Google as it is available on all platforms, but Microsoft It has not been left behind and has made adjustments for users to use it by default as well.
About the user interface, many are inclined towards Outlook that does not abuse so much white, but It goes to light and friendly colors in its bars. However, they both work great in dark mode.. In creating events, the functions are very similar. As a point in your favor, Outlook integrates with Skype for video conferencing natively, streaming easily and simply.
A third aspect is the shortcuts. You can place an icon on the Outlook one that once you click on it, you enter the calendar, on Google not possible, you must find its location in the inbox. And finally, there is the aspect of synchronization with other accounts. Google’s gives the advantage of having the entire platform of the computer giant to link them together. Outlook, gives the possibility of joining it to Facebook to remember the celebration of friends without missing anything.
Ultimately, the final decision is up to you. As you have seen, each one has its peculiarities and points for and against. This from a personal point of view, however in business accounts you must analyze other aspects, including linking business Outlook accounts and costs. The ideal is to use the applications, see them in action and finally see how convenient it is for your plans or for the programming of your tasks, activities or commitments.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉